The real price of a midibox LC.

Guest damien

I want to buy a Mackie LC but it's very expensive.

I saw the way you've made a big clone of LC and I'm really interrested in building one.

I read a lot of topic here but I'havn't seen the real price of a midibox LC, the one with 8 MF, 9 encoders, all the components, LCDs, PCBs @mikes, a pannel from schaffer with kickin' design ...

What's the real price ?

500euros ? 1000euros?  I really don't have an idea about it !

I ve got 2 weeks to make a choice between a real Mackie LC and a Midibox version.

Thanks for all and keep on being so genious TK  ;)

my guess is around 400 to 500 euros, to build one with all options, but getting a nice front panel lazer cut might push it higher. I'm only guessing, cos I never added up all the receipts from mine! Can someone else clarify?

Oh, I just remembered... TK posted an estimate on the forum somewhere... maybe 6 months ago... do a search on "estimate" or something like that...

The cost also depends on either panasonic or alps motorfaders... I used panasonics, but would go for alps if I could get them... (not sure where to get them, but apparently they cost 20 euros each.)

mmm I have most of the part now, missing fader (I will recieve them next week) and some led + all knob (fader, enc, and switch). I'm going to spend about 200euros, without the front panel which I'm going to cut my self... but It took me a lot of time to search for the cheapest parts, and I bought parts twice (as LCD, tact switch, led...).

Thanks a lot for your advices men.

I will take a LC with ALPS motorfaders and not panasonic, a special pannel from schaffer and a big mac to take away :)

... According to what you've said the total is near :

200 euros for components

8*20 euros for Mfaders

150 euros for a pannel at schaffer

= 510 euros

Isn't it ?  Maybe I have forgoten something. The real price of a Mackie LC @ thomann is 1290euros

It doesn't worth it  510 euros maybe 600 VS. 1290euros

My choice is done  :-*

If I made a mistake on the price tell me more please .

I wish other people who have done their  midibox LC would give me the total price they spent to own the legendary Hi-End ThorstenBOX LC :)

Don't hesitate to put your bill on this topic ;)

Damien

I hope so !

Not really expensive for a motorfader.

I've asked to the reatailer more details about this product, I'm waiting their answer. I will give you the details in the next few days.

Bye

I mail them to know the name of the manufatcturer of those...

first I didn't include the part number, so they can't answer me... then I include it they reply they have only 25 pieces of them... so I mailed them again and they just reply:

alps

lol! they look like alps... I hope I recieved mine shortly...

Hi

Good luck with alltronics. These are the Alps faders that I was trying to sort out for us a few months back. This company is hopless. I placed an order and was never billed, sent several emails with no reply. The model number is in the post "Alps Vs Panasonic, fight of the night". These faders are the same as used in a O2R console.

Rowan

Hey all!

Just for the record, don't confuse Alltronics with All Electronics.  All Electronics has always been one of the most reliable surplus dealers I have ever dealt with, while my experience with Alltronics is the same as Rowans (in other words, a total waste of time to try to deal with them).

Alltronics http://www.alltronics.com has the very small quantity of the alps motor faders that are $4.95US, and All Electronics http://www.allelectronics.com has the panasonics for $7.00US.  The panasonic motor faders *may* have been used in the O2R, but I'm pretty sure the 02R has touch sensitive faders (the panasonic faders all electronics has are not!)

Have fun!   :)

SmashTV

mmmmm :-X

I'm going to mail them right now! After my ordering on the website, I received a mail from shipping@alltronics.com  that told me that they thanks me for my order and to fax them a a copy of my credit card for the UPS shipping... :-/ which I did, they reply that's everything was ok and they will destroy it, and process my order... but now I feel a little confused after reading that! I can call them but my english accent is maybe not good enough for that. :-/

Cool... I got my 10 Alps motorfaders today.  This was my first experience with Alltronics. but I'd order from them again.  I was getting nervous since UPS took 9 days to get them here, but they actually shipped within 24 hours after I'd ordered and a woman on the phone actually emailed me with a tracking number like she promised she would.

I've never seen a motorfader with a touch sensor.  Any thoughts or tips on what would be required to get these faders working with touch sensors?

I don't know anything about motorfaders or touch sencors, but i've watched all those topics go by on the forum and this question has been posted more than once. Here's just an idea.....

Aren't there any motorfaders of which the point where you attach the fader knob is connected to some extra pin? If so, wouldn't it be possible to buy/make a knob that leads/conducts elektricity/signals? Because if you would touch the knob (without moving the fader ofcourse) you would for instance shorten the pin of the knob to ground which causes a certain action or function to execute.

Basta73, Ian, and myself have spent hours pondering the possibility of adding touch sensitivity to the panasonic MF's available from allelectronics, even pulling them apart, I have tried to solder to the spare (3rd)track inside, but solder will not take to it, and there isn't a wiper contact that touches this track anyway...

don't pull your faders apart like we did, it is very difficult to put them back together without damaging them! and don't bend the pins either!

I think the closest you'll get to touch sensitivity with these MF's will be with extra buttons near the faders, that you press at the same time as you move a fader... though I hope I'm wrong! (this is what I did on my box)

I agree with you steven! very hard to add this... but so easy to do by the manufacturer, that I don't understand why all fader are not touch sensor? lol

By the way, they were cheap, but with no touch sensor they are just like panasonic one, a little cheaper, but... SO MUCH HARD TO ORDER THEM !lol

now time to finish this LC :)