Parts list for LPC17 control surface

John_W._Couvillon

Findbuddha,

Thanks for the help!

The encoder that is available from Smashtv is useable right out of the box, Yes?

Why are the mods needed on the Alps and soundwell units?

I appreciate your replying to my post. Its really sad that so few people are using the forum these days. I have several posts on midification with no replies, whereas, in past years, there would be many.

Perhaps I am not looking in the right places, but I find a lack of specifics on the LPC and have lots of questions about applications, midio128 ver.3.

johnc

Hi johnc,

I used an encoder from another source, but it's similar to the one from Smashtv with 12 detents per revolution instead of 24. That wouldn't matter in this application. One would be a little more sensitive than the other. The mods that I've seen were to remove the detent action for those who prefer that feel. For menu selections like with the midio128 the detents are helpful. For use as a volume control, or something similar, the detents might not be helpful.

They work right out of the box -- if the direction (CW/CCW) is wrong just reverse the leads.

I was going to reply about your organ relay thoughts, but I use Haupterk almost exclusively and it does all the relay functions in software so that one just needs to provide something like DOUTs with the right drivers and power supply to handle the SAMs.

johnk

Thanks Guys!

Hey Tim - Glad to see you are still active on the forum.

I find that the forum has lost its punch. In the past a post brought comments overnight, but not any more.

Where have all the old "posters" gone?

Would you believe my old DINS and core from 2004, when Midificatiion was first taking off, are still functioning. Great stuff!

johnc