A few question on making the Core LPC17

chapelier fou

Hi again,

i having several questions :

1. I dont know the polarity of IC4 and IC5. They have just one dot (i think marking the first leg)

2. check out the picture showing the bottom of the LPCXpresso's bottom. Ok for the two 27pins SIL headers. For the right side it's said "one 2x6-pin DIL header and a 6-pin SIL header for the right side" but obviously on the picture it's SIL headers.

and for the left side : has it to be soldered on the main core board ? Or just putting headers to connect the debugger is enough ? (on picture 8 of the soldering guide of the Core, no DIL headers are put).

3.The J17, J15_S, J27 jumpers : maybe the parts provided by avishowtech are wrong, but i have no idea on how to deal with them.

4. The X1 component : the legs are too big to fit in the holes, should i enlarge the holes ?

I hope i am clear, sorry for these questions,

and thank you

louis

Hi again,

i having several questions :

1. I dont know the polarity of IC4 and IC5. They have just one dot (i think marking the first leg)

The dot is pin 1: post-3497-0-37769700-1322928426_thumb.pn

2. check out the picture showing the bottom of the LPCXpresso's bottom. Ok for the two 27pins SIL headers. For the right side it's said "one 2x6-pin DIL header and a 6-pin SIL header for the right side" but obviously on the picture it's SIL headers.

and for the left side : has it to be soldered on the main core board ? Or just putting headers to connect the debugger is enough ? (on picture 8 of the soldering guide of the Core, no DIL headers are put).

The 8 pin SIL pinheader at the cut end of the LPCXpresso is for connecting the debugger half of LPCXpresso board -or- connecting the LPCXpresso to the core_LPC17 board's JTAG interface. If you are using the debugger half of the LPCXpresso to upload, no connection between this header and the core board are needed. If you have a JTAG interface and wish to use it to upload without the debugger half of LPCXpresso, connect this header to the core.

In other words if using the LPCXpresso dev board to upload this is best:mbhp_core_lpc17_prepare8.jpg

If using JTAG this is best (assuming a matching 8 pin female connector on the core board):mbhp_core_lpc17_prepare7.jpg

3.The J17, J15_S, J27 jumpers : maybe the parts provided by avishowtech are wrong, but i have no idea on how to deal with them.
Cut the provided pinheaders as needed: post-3497-0-78064600-1322929978_thumb.jp

Use the provided jumpers as needed: post-3497-0-57988200-1322930013_thumb.jp

4. The X1 component : the legs are too big to fit in the holes, should i enlarge the holes ?
Please keep in mind that I did not design this board..... that said the bridge rectifiers I ship with the kits will fit the green boards but they are very tight and have to be 'worked' into place. If there is a future revision of the layout these holes will be larger.

Oh, and the DIL headers are a pain to cut, have you any advice ?
I use a cheap pair of stamped wire cutters similar to these:post-3497-0-69563200-1322930655_thumb.jp

Some people score them with a hobby knife then snap them.

Best regards

Tim

Thank you Tim !

for 1. Let me rephrase it : where should i put pin 1 ?

for 2. i have no idea what JTAG is, so i think i'll go for the first version (like in the pictures)

for 3. i figured it out in the meanwhile !

for 4. ok i'll try again....

for 5. makes sense

Thank you again for everything !

louis

Edited by chapelier fou