electrolitic polarity inversion...... it's dead???

florian

hello at all;....

i think i have just done a fatal error.... just finish my sammichFM kit... so i was at the step of the voltage test.... i plug the base pcb.... after some second i hear an anormal noise... i immediatly stop the current.... and searching a hot component... i qquickly found it: it's the big blue 2200 electrolitic i have inversed the polarity... oh no... why i have done that... worth it the pain of desolder/resolder it to see if it is always ok???? may have i damage other component by this big mistake????/... i know check twice solder once.... but too self confident this time... thanks at all.... my psu was a 9v... thanks for your advice...

hi... too impatient to wait an answer, i've desolder and resolder it.... all voltage test were fine.... so i install the ic, upload the sotwre, format the bankstick..........all seemed to be fine.... until i plug my monitor... as soon as i run the sammich i hear an horrible noise, without pareesing any key, nor sending midi message... If it was the capacitor, nothing run isn't it???? because all the ui and control, seemed to be fine... Except this noise, and and can't make any other sound.....

too impatient to wait an answer

[x] Patience is a virtue.

If the capacitor is blown (which it most likely is), you'll get all sort of bad mojo going as it's directly between the ground and Vcc lines.

The capacitor is blown, no need to resolder it - it's dead as can be.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

hello at all..

I have finally just replace it....but unfortunately, result is the same... Control surface work good, but all that i can hear is just noise and crackles on the audio out , as soon as i plug it...So i don't know where to begin the troubleshooting...Some advice???? thanks! i will now search the forum.... by at all...