Saving patches and OSC!

scrubber

yo yo! peeps! just sorted my SID synth (sammichSID) and have uploaded the sick list of preset sounds! thanks! just wondered how I go about creating and saving my own patches using a sysex editor such as MIOS studio? It can be done using the SID screen/menu to save ect but just wondered about any other ways??

and how I would go about using the OSC to hook this bad boy up to something like Max/MSP using my USB touch controller to create some interactions? anyone got any examples, would it not have to be USB/ethernet the SID to work with OSC?

edit: oh has anyone got anymore sweet patches to uplaod to the SID, what is the limit of sound patch storage?

sorry for all questions just cos I just got it goin and it's so sick, need to know all I can lol ;)

Edited by scrubber

I think you would have to use a midi connection to the SID, I am not sure that the PIC core supports OSC. Even if that is the case that support would need to be added to the SID firmware.

Hope that helps.

Just spotted your question about patch storage limits, there are 5 banks of 127 patches. I think one may be used for Ensemble storage. Check the user manual here.