Only one SID appears on display ::SOLVED::

dtg84

When I go to the SID menu under sammichSID, I see that under SID, it appears "1***". Though there are two SIDs installed, I can only select the one (the display will read "[not here!]" when I attempt to switch to add SID2. Is this normal for sammichSID? Or does this imply one of my SIDs is not functioning properly?

Also, when using a TRS cable in the output (stereo out), some patches are really quiet while others are nice and loud. If i move the cable just slightly out, it will be loud on the patches which were previously quiet. I tried several different TRS patch cables and all were the same. Is this normal?

Edited by dtg84

The 1*** is correct for a sammich, the SIDs are effectively one stereo SID. You should be able to select the individual SIDs by using the LR selection in the SID editing menu. If you have not done so I suggest you download the SID V2 user guide from ucapps.de.

Some patches are quiet on my sammich and some only work on the left channel (drums mainly). If you pull the plug out a bit it shorts the left and right channels together.

The 1*** is correct for a sammich, the SIDs are effectively one stereo SID. You should be able to select the individual SIDs by using the LR selection in the SID editing menu. If you have not done so I suggest you download the SID V2 user guide from ucapps.de.

Some patches are quiet on my sammich and some only work on the left channel (drums mainly). If you pull the plug out a bit it shorts the left and right channels together.

Yeah, I noticed that when I am playing drum patches and the cable is plugged in all the way, I get almost no signal response whatsoever. So this is normal??

Oddly, when the cable is all the way in the jack and i am in a drum patch, if i adjust the detune parameter on any of the oscillators just slightly, it seemingly activates the drum sound and it plays as normal. This doesn't seem like it should be normal behavior...

Edited by dtg84