GM5x5x5 ports does not show up in any programs

lindeborg

I've had a GM5x5x5 pcb and a GM5 laying around for some time but last spring I put the interface together. At first I had some issues with bad connections between the MIDI sockets and the chip but I think that is all sorted now. Problem is that although the interface installs and shows up in Windows XP (both in USBDeview and in computer management) no ports are available in any program. When I plug the interface in the main LED lights up all right and then goes out after a short time, just as I understand it should. When I connect a MIDI source to any of the inputs and the source sends MIDI messages both the main LED and the LED of that port lights up in sync with the messages. Any ideas of what might be wrong or what I should test next?

That'll set the gm5 into midibox.org configuration with 5 IOs. All good. The MIDI In works, which heavily suggests the module is fine, so my guess would be the issue is somewhere on the software side of your PC. Have you tried it on a different PC? Are you using the special ploytec driver that's linked to from somewhere on ucapps.de?

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread up, but I just finished a DIY 5x5. Had similar "issue", seems to be working after two runs of the driver install and port one:

...comes up as "ww kabel 1", but I can live with that.

As long as it's usable no big deal. I seem to remember something about changes to the INF to rename ports??

Does anyone have a link to the thread for the driver info, the fourm search is not helping much today.

Yogi

• 1 month later...

Just soldered two GM5.

GM5 drivers installed .

I use Windows 7 .

At  system start win7 see only two devices, to make it see three GM5x5x5 I have to unplug and re-plug USB cables.

Any experience about this?

thanks

Antix

P.S.

In SetupMain.ini I read this

ALLOW_MULTIPLE_DEVICES=0

may   "=1"  for more than 1 GM5?