Panel mount parts?

3raserFace

*WARNING DUMB NEWBIE QUESTIONS* For midibox 64

I have browsed the forum and looked over the material available. I believe I have missed a few things. From what i have found is that as far as panel mount pot's are concerned they should be 10k linear pot's For both the Rotary and slider pot's

1. What is the recommended value for Panel mount Pot's Rotary and Slider?

2. What type of push buttons would be recommended for just On off functions? Possibly a mouser part# because i am having no luck with that

3. If the recommended value for the panel mount pot's is indeed 10k linear. Could i possibly get an explanation for this or a point in the direction of where i might have missed this. Thanks in advance for any help. :frantics:

Edited by 3raserFace

1. What is the recommended value for Panel mount Pot's Rotary and Slider?

For Pic based core it is 10k

For STM or LPC based core it is 1k (better performance with the limited 3.3v)

2. What type of push buttons would be recommended for just On off functions? Possibly a mouser part# because i am having no luck with that

You want momentary buttons (normally open) most people use tactile switches which produce a tiny "click" when depressed. If you want the button to function as a toggle (push once for on, push again for off) you can set this up on the software side.

3. If the recommended value for the panel mount pot's is indeed 10k linear. Could i possibly get an explanation for this or a point in the direction of where i might have missed this. Thanks in advance for any help. :frantics: