MIDIbox CV V2 Concept

TK.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:57 PM, macsaif said:

Is there any literature about midibox cv v2,  sw which I have to upload to the STM32 core, any configuration examples, etc. I have not found any information about it. 

F

I agree! 

I have been thinking of experimenting with a tracker software and transition my midibox to a midibox cv v2 to take advantage of the modulation capabilities. After reading all of this topic, I found a hex file finally. TK's repos can not be downloaded, so I probably need to copy all the files one by one for the most recent version.

Apart from the hex file, all we need to do is to connect AOUT_NG the same way as SEQ v4 to the stm32f4 board and come up with a SCS wiring, then we are all set for using cv v2 right? Can we use it with Wilba's CS? 

I think this is a very good project and I haven't seen anything DIY close to it. Did this project fade away? 

I attempted to come up with a "standard" controller and TK. worked on the hardware a bit. I even have some of the control surface PCBs left if you would like to try, however I don't think the idea as it stood will be pursued any more. The fact is that an iPad or other tablet running Lemur gets you 90% of the way there and might be nicer than a 20x2 LCD?

You can use SVN checkout software such as Tortoise to get the source and compile, no worries.

I am planning to use it in my analog synth. I will have potentiometers and switches for all functions I need to control. I will manage them by MBNG board. The NG board will store the presets and will manage additional 24-32 simple CV outputs controlled by the pots. The more complicated functions as CV for VCO, EG generators, LFO and mod matrix will be managed by the CV V2 board with 8 CV outputs and Gater/Trigger outputs. Therefore I will not need a control surface connected to CV V2 just do some mapping of CC messages or NRPN and sending them from MBNG board.

Do you think is it possible?

I do not understand ... is there somewhere the HEX file? Can anybody send me a link or send this file?

My project is in the status of planning (analog structure, mod matrix structure) The case is more less finished, just I have sent the chassis for painting. See photo!

Frank

Moog clone.jpg

11 hours ago, macsaif said:

I do not understand ... is there somewhere the HEX file? Can anybody send me a link or send this file?

Over here:

http://sneak-thief.com/MIDIboxNG/

I couldn't get it to work though. Maybe has something to do with using 40x2 LCD, all I see is opening screen (lines). 

Edited by vandamsel

Thank you

There is project.hex file in the folder... I think this is something else and I have to download only the midibox file. 

Is there any list of NRPN messages and explanation how to control it without lemur? 

Also I will need some instructions how to configure the CV outputs, LFO and EG parameters and mod matrix. Does anybody have some info? 

Frank

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm looking to build this project using only the STM32F4, MIDI IO and AOUT NG (possibly the SCS too). Since it's no longer active, and no download/config info on the main page (http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_cv_v2.html), would it be a better to build the V1 instead of the V2 as there is limited information on the V2 and I only need it for the function of MIDI to CV conversion? Not made a MIDIbox before but from looking around this seems like a good first step as I am trying to learn from scratch the skills necessary to build MIDI controlled acoustic instruments.