Ebony + SMD SEQ V4 Lite :)

Hawkeye

Hola,

The white PCB looks so yummy, that I did not want to hide it :-)

Just had some fun soldering a few SMD LEDs and sawing two leftover pieces of ebony wood.

The transistors and the resistors were soldered to the backside of the frontpanel PCB, because I would not like them on top.

Also, I am playing with the idea of powering it with two AA batteries, using a voltage step-up converter - I successfully already burned two of those converters while experimenting :-)

The ´lite is a real great live seq, just had a first testing session @ the midified piano, and it was very nice - hoping for a demo soon!

The tactile switches are "softtouch" ALPS SMD switches, available for 6€ per 100 pieces somewhere on ebay, they have a very nice feeling and do fit perfectly when mounted diagonally, which adds to the chaotic look :-)

The SMD LEDs are green and orange, which I also had leftover - they are very easy to solder on the existing LED pads.

Thanks to everyone involved in this project, CD for the initial idea + pcb layouting, TK for the realization, SmashTV for production and fast shipping!

Have lots of fun with your lites, this one is official #76 :-)

Best regards,

Peter

post-7895-0-58248600-1326227454_thumb.jp

Edited by Hawkeye

Yo flip! :-)

that´s kindof them, same seller as I bought from (recommended!)...

Mine were white (but also from alps and softtouch), but they should have the same size, so I am quite sure, that these will work fine, if you are not scared of mounting them diagonally :)

The price is very good for the quality, they are really precise when pressed and have an excellent tactile feeling :)

Greets!

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye