iPad sequencers

Nestle

Hello,

Had to part my ways with Oberkorn and Yamaha RS7000 - too bulky and stuff.. Great features though. Also had to get rid of some VA synths...

There was an idea to make this pile portable, but man... I am after portable solution for creating midi templates, patterns and even songs. I do not need really awesome synths - I will plug the seq later to my synths and drummachines - but it should have basic stuff... I can't do stuff on mute :D

I have some dough now as I just sold the sequencers... I have been thinking abot getting an iPad and some software for it... But as I browsed thru options I soon noticed that there are too many.... Even google can't pinpoint a solid product for me.

It seems that midibox seq for iPad is not available ... Also it doesn't have sound engines.

So, maybe you guys can help me? I will wait a few short months and get the iPad3... I have strong feeling that it will emerge just in time for me :D

Ok, thanks in advance!

Nestle

now this seems rather interesting. many of the better studio -softwares doesn't even support midi. http://www.whitenoiseaudio.com/apps/genome-midi-sequencer/ ...

but genome on the other hand doesn't make sound of anykind... Does someone know how well iPad 2 runs sone synths and genome?

Any experience using genome? Is it like on the video :D

Nestle

I had a weird idea that my software problems would be long gone by just purchasing iPad, but alas, it seems there is too much and to limited software available.

Maybe I try genome and see if it works...

Roope

Edited by Nestle

• 1 month later...

I have Genome on my ipad, and used it a bit.

It's very interesting on the paper, it allows to synchronize other synths on the same ipad such as Sunrizer, or the drum ModDrum and and at the same time send midi out to an external expender.

It has tons of good ideas.

I use version 1.06 and unfortunately it's too buggy... bad selection, uncorrect copy/paste, crash, problem with the built in keyboard, weird behaviour in song mode.

Also the fact that with 2 fingers you can scroll OR select depending of the space between the finger makes it not easy to use.

I contacted the author who told me a new version will arrive soon.

If you bought it since your post, let me know what you think.

Xavier