organ midification: using "normally closed" switches

CatOrg

Still strugling with some Midi-Box concepts...

I see in MIOS8, chapter MIDI128-tools, that I can freely configure events. I understand I can use the config.:

on Event: noteOff & noteNumber

off Event: noteOn & noteNumber

... that would switch the note On when the switch opens and reverse.

Is this just so simple?

The idea is to use normally closed switches (http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/1/1d/Switch_circuit_not.png)

that are really easier to implement with my diy-keyboards...

Yes, it is that simple to use NC rather than NO switches.

The problem most people have with DIY switches on keyboards is providing a switch that will switch at about the midpoint of key travel without impeding further key movement.

Love it, wow...

I had many possibilities to take a look at church organs with electr. action (and examined also pneumatic and mechanical). And did my homework: some models. But I never could examine a theater-organ, and didnt check how this works with an Hammond...

The contact (generally) closes between 1-3mm. 1 is very nervous and excellent for a practice organ, 3 is very comfortable but still a little bit nervous. I never saw an organ that switches at 50%, I can imagine this is very very comfortable. UHT (http://www.uht-tastaturen.de) says their keyboards are made to switch between 1-3mm too.

I tried different DIY contacts... Only the point of keep-it-easy-and-simple is interesting. My Casio MA-150 doesnt notice anything, no problem with bouncing, and midi-ox doesnt monitor any problem.

And you are right, this is quite difficult to find an acceptable switch-design that allows egality of all notes and worst of all, a long travel after switching...

But I will try now with a DIY NC-switch, because this cannot be easier and simpler. This will just be very nervous.