Before starting my project...

Jaypee

Hey !

First message here !

First of all, I want to say thank you for all the infos available on this forum and website !

I’m a newbie…but I spent lof times reading a LOT of messages here and there to understand how midibox works and I get the basic principles but I’m confused, and I prefer asking you to clarify my mind.

I’m using Ableton if it helps.

I have that idea to build some dedicated controllers of my most-used-vst, like SSL eq/comp .

PRODUCT3.jpg

I didn’t choose the MB hardware yet…here is my problems :

I know I can use mackie control mapping…but I need more than 8 parameters. So…

Let’s take a concrete exemple : SSL Eq and SSL comp.

Let’s say I have 10 channels, with EQ/comp on each one.

I want 4 controllers (2 SSL eq and 2 SSL comp), to tweak my plugins on different ‘channels’ at the same time.

Then I want to be able to use the same controllers on a different channels (using midibox lc function (left/right bank I guess))

1 - I need more than 8 parameters, can I programm the mapping of my hardware with my specific vst ?

2 - Can I use 2 plugs/controllers at the same time ?...

3 - Can I use ALL parameters (way more than 8 for the SSL eq) without selecting ‘bank/up/down/I don’t know how you call it function’?

4 - Do I have to clic on the plugin I want to use before controlling them?

I don’t have any midi controllers, except an uc 33 which is not very performing for what I want to achieve, cause I can control only the first 8 parameters (and I can’t choose them !) I never used a mackie control/behringer midi controllers, maybe a ‘simple’ midibox ld would do the job… ?!

I didn't find a lot of infos people using MU/waves plugins...

There would be no pb, if there were less than 8 parameters to control that plugin has more than 30 parameters !

+ I didn’t find any MIDI infos about SSL plugins!

As you can read, I’m confused ☺

I have some other questions, but I need to have some answers to clarify my thought !

Thanks for reading

J.

• 8 months later...

Hey !

First message here !

First of all, I want to say thank you for all the infos available on this forum and website !

I’m a newbie…but I spent lof times reading a LOT of messages here and there to understand how midibox works and I get the basic principles but I’m confused, and I prefer asking you to clarify my mind.

I’m using Ableton if it helps.

I have that idea to build some dedicated controllers of my most-used-vst, like SSL eq/comp .

PRODUCT3.jpg

I didn’t choose the MB hardware yet…here is my problems :

I know I can use mackie control mapping…but I need more than 8 parameters. So…

Let’s take a concrete exemple : SSL Eq and SSL comp.

Let’s say I have 10 channels, with EQ/comp on each one.

I want 4 controllers (2 SSL eq and 2 SSL comp), to tweak my plugins on different ‘channels’ at the same time.

Then I want to be able to use the same controllers on a different channels (using midibox lc function (left/right bank I guess))

1 - I need more than 8 parameters, can I programm the mapping of my hardware with my specific vst ?

2 - Can I use 2 plugs/controllers at the same time ?...

3 - Can I use ALL parameters (way more than 8 for the SSL eq) without selecting ‘bank/up/down/I don’t know how you call it function’?

4 - Do I have to clic on the plugin I want to use before controlling them?

I don’t have any midi controllers, except an uc 33 which is not very performing for what I want to achieve, cause I can control only the first 8 parameters (and I can’t choose them !) I never used a mackie control/behringer midi controllers, maybe a ‘simple’ midibox ld would do the job… ?!

I didn't find a lot of infos people using MU/waves plugins...

There would be no pb, if there were less than 8 parameters to control that plugin has more than 30 parameters !

+ I didn’t find any MIDI infos about SSL plugins!

As you can read, I’m confused ☺

I have some other questions, but I need to have some answers to clarify my thought !

Thanks for reading

J.

Hi did u manage to get this one of the ground, been thinking about similar idea for Logic, to smoothen out my workflow..

Best

Z.

Hi did u manage to get this one of the ground, been thinking about similar idea for Logic, to smoothen out my workflow..

Best

Z.

Perhaps the best solution would be midibox LC for mackie control of the ableton mixer and navigation, and MB64e for plugins. The MB64e will support 64 encoders for your plugins, and the Midibox LC will let you page back and forth controlling 8 mixer channels at a time.

The MB64e would be a good starting point to help you understand the various modules used, and would give you a basic idea of how to tackle you specific requirements.