MIDIbox for DAW (ProTools 9) ? LC ? MM ?

pbisiac

Hi everybody,

After navigating in this forum for a couple of days I would like to pose some questions.

I would like to build a HUI to control a specific DAW, ProTools 9(+).

I have enough skill on electronics anf uP programming (it's my job).

What would be the best platform to achieve my goal ?

Solution 1 -> MIDIbox LC (Logic Control). In this case:

- wich uP platform is the best ? PIC, STM32 or LPC ? I would prefer STM32, I work almost every day with it.

- is C firmware available ? I searched for "LC 2.0 alpha" release, didn't find it. Which uP it it written for ?

- Shall I obtain the same performance of Mackie Control, in terms of versatility, multi-function buttons and so on ?

- Are there any decal examples for LC ? Just to understand how pushbuttons, LEDs, motorfaders and so on are mapped by default

with respect to original LC.

Solution 2 -> MIDIBOX mm

- I looked into midibox_mm_v2_0e, PIC18F452 would be OK as well, obviously STM32 is on another planet...nobody ported this app ro STM32 ?

- Shall I obtain the same performance of MotorMix, in terms of versatility, multi-function buttons and so on ?

Solution 3 ? ....

I looked at many LC custom realization, i find very practical for an hobbyst to build many single face little boards,

but this has a couterpart in wiring complexity when you project grows up. Perhaps I woud consider grouping controls in zones

and building a bigger printed circuit, to have a more clean and reliable set.

Thank you for your help,

Paolo

HI Paolo

try the search option for Mackie or LC or Protools..... < -- not the first one asking

When you want to build up a big PCB for everything than make a good plan waht you need and want !

But than you can use just a few cabels from PCS o the Front and not as much as with he small boards (like 50 Pin SCSI Cable VS. 4Pin/8Pin/10Pin).

And if you plan to make PCB's than make it with the new LPC-Based Projekt with Ainser64 Modules(are ot available in shop) - and share the Design with the Forum.

The Old Core-Design (8Bit Pic) is also possible but w/o features Like USB MIDI,.. ect.. .

But read a few hours (or days ,weeks , years ;-) ) in the Dokumentation/Wiki and the Forum and most of your questions are answered.

greetz Zossen

Edited by Zossen