Audioengine Controller

novski

Hi.

1. PWM Steps: This defines how fast the H bridge is 'pulsed' to control the fader motor. If you find that your motor is sluggish then you can adjust this.

2. AIN Deadband: All A-to-D (analogue to digital) circuits suffer from a certain amount of 'jitter'. The AIN deadband allows you to set a minimum amount of change in the analogue input before it is reported as a 'move' of the fader.

3: MF Deadband: I guess that this is the reverse of AIN deadband? only engage the motor if the input value has moved significantly. although TK will be able to confirm this??/

If you find that the faders are a bit jittery then you should be able to adjust the deadband values to counter it.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by philetaylor

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you philetaylor for that explanation on the functions of the GUI.

I now have a total different question.

I realized that i will not be able to ad more Faders than 8+1 in my approach because the Midi functions are restricted in this Program i use (softwareaudioconsole). The only Midi Template that provides more than 8 Faders including the Canelstrip functions is MotorMix. (i can't assign Functions. Instead i select a fix Template file from the manufactory...)

noooow. my shy question now is: is it possible to transfer the MM Protocol from the midibox_MM to the MF_NG? :-)

• 1 month later...

Hi

I hope i get some answers because i can't manage this alone. (And i try to keep my posts together because i don't want to mess around in this forum...)

I finally decided to work with the MM V2 Application. Unfortunately SAC uses many functions by increasing the Rotary Selector Rotary. (well thats hard to describe witch one i mean... please, see attachment photo. )

So basically what i need to do is by pressing a Button i need a possibility to set the right Selection of Mode first.

So for a Sample: if i want to activate my Compressor i need to Virtually turn the Selector Rotary first to the "Comp Mode" and then press the Button 5. (in Normal use of MMv2 thats the Select Chanel 5 Button)

How can i do that in my Software? And is that Selector Rotary defined as "MM_VPOT" in the Application?

Thanks a lot for any Help

best regards

novski

edit: changed .tif to .jpg for easy view.

SAC CM MM Help.rtf

post-10711-0-51867600-1342476573_thumb.j

Edited by novski

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

the operations perfomed are

0x41 is left shifted by three bits (aka multiply by eight), resulting in a value of 0x208

it is then ANDed with 0x38, resulting in a value of 0x08

this is then ORed with 0x03, resulting in a value of 0x0B

Hope it helps :)

Bye,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Thanks Hawkeye! now i understand...

Do you speak German? (-i think i saw this video of you and Thorstens Jamsession...)

-Because maybe you can tell me why this tutorial talks of throwing the bits away by shifting...

http://www.c-howto.de/tutorial-variablen-bitmanipulation.html

thanks

novski

Hey there,

yes, speaking German :)

Bitshifting just means, the bits are shifted to the left or right, and zeroes are added on the other end, in binary form on an 8-bit datatype:

<< 2

=

On many cpus there also exist instructions to rotate, inserting the bits that fall off one end of the value at the other end.

So a "trick" to throw the upper three bits of any datatype away, would be to shift left by three, then shift right by three.

But this is not necessarily the most efficient way to do it, that would most probably be by ANDing with 00011111 :)

Many greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Well, may bee i have to start from the beginning.

As you may have read in this thread before I'm building a Midibox MMv3 on LPC17 Core. Thorsten was so courteous to lift it in to 32bit architecture.

But now I'm stucked in a problem.

My Controller simulates a MotorMix Hardware. This Controller has in reality 9 encoders. Eight on each Channel and one JogWeel for Menu purposes.

My Software can receive fixed Messages not so as most other programs where the user can program the Software-button to a Midi-value..

To control everything i need to jump virtually in to a Menu by increasing the JogWeel then i can select by pressing buttons according to a channel.

I managed to do that so far. And it works stable.

My problem occurs when i want to assign a LED to one of those Virtual Buttons... Because as soon as i reassume to default menu the LED doesen't stay lit.

I found out that thats because the Feedback from the software, sends (of course) the new information for the Display and the according Buttons in the default Menupoint.

Im now searching for a solution witch recognizes the first feedback and sets the LED but ignores the following for certain time.

is that possible?

Thanks for any Help.

Novski

I tried to connect MF_NG, J11 to LPC17 Core, J5A Pin A6/A7 but can't get connection to the PIC over Midi3 on Mios Studio.

pin "MO" to pin A6

pin"MI" to pin A7

(i tried to swapp A6 and A7 as well...)

Im runnign the MMv3 App

and have the default UARTs as this:

#define MIOS32_UART_NUM 4

I want to Link those two boards to communicate on one USB Port.

what is nessassary to define in mios32_config.h for that?

Im trying to set the Midi Merger over MIOS but always get this error:

[603998.955] set router <8> <IN4> <all> <USB1> <all> 

[603998.959] Expecting node number between 1..16!

[603998.959]   set router <node> <in-port> <off|channel|all> <out-port> <off|channel|all>: change router setting

The node number is 8. And so, between 1 and 16. Whats wrong?

(Running MMv3 on LPC17)

• 4 weeks later...

Im trying to set the Midi Merger over MIOS but always get this error:

[603998.955] set router <8> <IN4> <all> <USB1> <all> 

[603998.959] Expecting node number between 1..16!

[603998.959]   set router <node> <in-port> <off|channel|all> <out-port> <off|channel|all>: change router setting

The node number is 8. And so, between 1 and 16. Whats wrong?

(Running MMv3 on LPC17)

Hi Novski,

Proper sytax is

Set router 8 IN4 all USB1 all

do not use <>.

Have you been able to get 2 way midi with the mmV3 between SAC and the midibox core?

I have not been able to get 2 way midi with mmV3, ie I can move the physical faders and get the host software SAC to respond.

I can not get the SAC host software to move the physical faders without using MIDIOX and a virtual midi port in between them.

Any thoughts?

KUI

Hi KUI

I tested the LPC17 MMv3 with divers router settings.

I can't follow the meaning of that router. I connected over J4B to MF_NG_v1_003

But what i discovered is that if i turn on Hot channel following it seams to ad 8 Channels as soon as I touch the Virtual fader with the mouse.

for explanation:

I fade my Hardware Midibox fader CH1. Then grab the mouse and fade the CH1 virtually with mouse. (Witch indeed doesn't affect the Hardware faders...) and then grab my Hardware fader again and it suddenly fades the CH9...

Is it that what you mean?

Best regards

Ivan

Are you shure your Routings are correct? I still don't see through those settings.

The node 8 you posed above is the way MIDI goes out but how does it come back to the MIDI Port 4 of LPC17?

I tried several settings but cant say for sure witch one is truly right...

Maybe a Pro Member of this Forum can answer this Question.

to repeat the above discussion:

wee have a MF_NG module on LPC17 Midi Port J4B (so MIDI4) and need to know how the Router settings have to be...

Thanks a lot.

Novski

Are you shure your Routings are correct? I still don't see through those settings.

The node 8 you posed above is the way MIDI goes out but how does it come back to the MIDI Port 4 of LPC17?

I tried several settings but cant say for sure witch one is truly right...

Maybe a Pro Member of this Forum can answer this Question.

to repeat the above discussion:

wee have a MF_NG module on LPC17 Midi Port J4B (so MIDI4) and need to know how the Router settings have to be...

Thanks a lot.

Novski

The return route should be" set router 9 USB1 all IN4 all "

I have tried this as well, no go for host to mmmv3 fader control.

KUI

Hi KUI

That gives out an error.

[990289.499] set router 9 USB1 all IN4 all

[990289.503] Unknown or invalid MIDI output port!
because second part is Output-Port.
 [990646.533] MIDI Router Nodes (change with 'set router <in-port> <channel> <out-port> <channel>)

Turning it arround (like: "set router 9 IN4 all USB1 all") is what you already posted earlier as Node 8.

I didn't manage to get feedback from Host jet...

Hi KUI

That gives out an error.

[990289.499] set router 9 USB1 all IN4 all

[990289.503] Unknown or invalid MIDI output port!
because second part is Output-Port.
 [990646.533] MIDI Router Nodes (change with 'set router <in-port> <channel> <out-port> <channel>)

Turning it arround (like: "set router 9 IN4 all USB1 all") is what you already posted earlier as Node 8.

I didn't manage to get feedback from Host jet...

My mistake, I meant

set router 9 USB1 all OUT4 all

Still no response from the host. I am looking at the midi streams. SAC mm midi output does not match the midi output from Midibox MMv3.

I will ask BobL

KUI

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Im now in Drawing progress of my MBHP_NF_NG and wold like to get some different thoughts...

My plan is to make Modules of 8 Faders, 2 Buttons, 8 OLEDS. One CoreLPC17 with a MBHP_NG slave.

I whan't to connect several modules in a row.

Whitch Midi I/O should I use to Link the Multiple CoreLPC17 Modules and witch Midi I/O is best to use for Slaving the MBPH_MF_NG.

best regards

novski

post-10711-0-03954100-1354460658_thumb.j