MIOS Studio won't run on OSX 10.5.8

J.P

Hi All

I started my new sammichSID build yesterday (cheers to Wilba for the awesome kit btw!) and although I'm not up to the point yet where I need it yet, I figured I'd download MIOS Studio 2 and check it out on my mac.

Unfortunately when I try to open it, it just crashes. Crash report says: Dyld Error Message: unknown required load command 0x80000022

Looking around the forum I see there are some issues with Java and OSX 10.5.8 for MIOS. What's the quickest way round this, update my OS? Or is there another way?

I tried playing around with the Java preferences settings but no joy.

Cheers and Hello.

John

Hi John,

these are the issues which triggered me to rewrite MIOS Studio - it isn't based on Java anymore!

Please use MIOS Studio 2 -> http://www.ucapps.de/mios_studio.html

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten

Cheers for getting back to me.

Unfortunately thats the one I downloaded. When I try to open it, it just comes up with the "This application quit unexpectedly" screen.

If it will get MIOS Studio 2 going I'll install Snow Leopard on a separate partition if I have to (I don't want it as my main OS as it will brick my Mbox 1).

Just wondered if there was a easier way (read: one that doesn't involve me forking out for snow leopard. ;-) )

J

Let me know if it works with a fresh install.

I'm using Lion meanwhile, and the app was compiled under this OS - I hope that this doesn't mean that it isn't backward compatible anymore!

On the other hand nobody else complained about this binary so far.

Btw.: are there any interesting logfile messages in the console when MIOS Studio crashes?

You can open it via Spotlight (right upper corner), enter "console"

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Meanwhile I got the confirmation from Smash that the current MIOS Studio build crashes on his MacOS 10.5.8 installation as well.

If more people are affected, I will setup a MacOS 10.5 installation in a VirtualBox and compile there.

But I would be happy if this isn't required (as it makes the release process more difficult, especially since the build setup has already been ported to a newer Xcode version)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi TK. If you are using Xcode 4, this doesn't support OS X 10.5 by default (it doesn't have the 10.5 SDK). Apparently the supported thing to do is to install Xcode 3 in a different directory although there is a "hack"

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5378518/how-to-add-base-sdk-for-10-5-in-xcode-4

Cheers

Phil

Hacks are no good solution if I'm unable to try out the result by myself. :-/

I think that there is no other (secure) way than installing an older MacOS version in a VirtualBox.

This would also have the advantage, that I could use this setup in the next years without hacking Xcode again with each new update. :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...