NanoSwinSID + mb 6582

dutchbastard

I was thinking of starting a Midibox SID_v2 project, as i need to wait two months on the parts for my current midibox128 project.

After research i found out that a good replacement for the original SIDs are the Nano SwinSIDs (http://retro-donald.de/sinchai-shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=90).

However i wanted to recreate the mb_6582, the circuit boards for those are sold on SmashTV's website.

I've read that these Nano SwinSIDs are the same size as an regular SID. Am i correct that these will fit perfectly then?

Also i've read that for the MBHP_SID the polarised capacitators differ on which SID you use. I guess the Caps on the partlist in SmashTV's shop are the right ones?

They just plug in, there's plenty of room between the chips. There's no analogue filter in the SwinSID, so I don't think the filter capacitors are even needed.

There's also no audio in, so you can't do the feedback mod. But then the SwinSID has some other tricks up its sleeve.

They just plug in, there's plenty of room between the chips. There's no analogue filter in the SwinSID, so I don't think the filter capacitors are even needed.

There's also no audio in, so you can't do the feedback mod. But then the SwinSID has some other tricks up its sleeve.

Its not a huge problem there is no audio in for the feedback mod, however if there is no analogue filter in the SwinSID i wont be able to use the LFO and the filter sections?

If thats true i guess i'll have to hunt down some old SID chips.

The swinsids were supposed to emulate filters no? I thought that it was the lack of analog filters was taken care of firmware wise. I know little about swinsid in general, but it should be a direct working replacement with the limitation that u can't filter external audio, but the internal audio should be just as with the original, only fake hehehe.

Where do I get a swinsid? I want to try one out... Or two...

I also thought there was a midibox firmware specially aimed towards the use of swinsid.

Maybe TK could answer these questions of yours...

The swinsids were supposed to emulate filters no? I thought that it was the lack of analog filters was taken care of firmware wise. I know little about swinsid in general, but it should be a direct working replacement with the limitation that u can't filter external audio, but the internal audio should be just as with the original, only fake hehehe.

Where do I get a swinsid? I want to try one out... Or two...

I also thought there was a midibox firmware specially aimed towards the use of swinsid.

Maybe TK could answer these questions of yours...

You can get one in the shop i linked in the first post, however it seems that the shop is down for maintanance? My german isn't very good :(