LPC17 PCB screw hole dimensions

savethecheerleader

Really happy to say that I have successfully built my first LPC17 core module for my small I hooked up the LCD, hooked up my first pot, set up a toolchain on my Mac, and now I'm making apps! Thanks to everyone for your help so far.

I'm starting to design an enclosure. I think I'm going to go the 3mm acrylic Ponoko route... similar to the sammichSID. I'm going to panel mount everything though including the core LPC17 module to the bottom panel. I'm trying to figure out the LPC17 PCB screw hole dimensions. I bought the LPC17 from SmashTV's store.

I downloaded the layout data zip file off the LPC17 ucapps page, but I only found the dimensions (120x100mm) for the PCB outline but not the screw hole positions. Just wondering if anyone knew these off the top of your head or where I could find them.

Thanks!

looking at the pcb from the top, midi jacks to the bottom of the screen, here are the x/y coordinates:

bottom-left hole: .234", .805"

bottom-right hole: 3.801", .805"

top-left hole: .178", 3.31"

top-right hole: 4.568", 3.31"

these are using the very bottom left corner of the pcb as the origin.

a couple things:

you can get these values yourself by installing the free altium viewer. just double click the hole to get a properties window.

the x/y origin on the pcb in altium is not at the bottom-left. it's offset by a little. something to take note of if you do get the values yourself. i found it to be offset by .06" (x) and .16" (y).

my values are based on the actual corner of the pcb. i put them into catia, which converted from mm to inches and rounded to the thousandth of an inch.

i got these values to line up nicely by printing my catia drawing to a transparency and checking it against a printout of the pcb from altium, but i haven't verified it yet with a completed design. i recommend that you find the values the same way i did. get the x/y and add in the offset of the origin.

ultra