emulator + sammich ...HELP

flimboscompletedhisquest

hello can anybody help me out in regards to a working emulator and hardsid.dll combo that works?

any specific settings in the emulator like burstmode.........

i really need some help

windows 7 64bit....my asidxp is working perfectly fine playing .sid files yet emulators with the latest hardsid.dll will play 1-3 notes then freeze.......

Thanks

can someone attach a working combo.......or some help will be very much appreciated...

[x] Patience is a virtue. Don't bump your threads after 10 hours. The people that typically answer your posts have lives, kids, wives, jobs, hobbies and friends as well.

I just recompiled the hardsid.dll under Win 7 x64 and noticed that it does not seem to work with all players anymore. SIDPLAY2W for instance doesn't work anymore. Hopefully I'll find the time to look into it this weekend. Until then, have the latest version (hardsid.zip) and try that.

You might want to try without the "aggressive timing" option :)

ok guys

WinVICE-2.1 is the most stable with the latest dll Nils so kindly provided,

my WinVICE-2.2-x64 crashed a few times shortly after playing a game so i went back a revision and all semms fine but some abnormalities, for example after a crash. the volume will be real low trying to use the sammich + emulator etc....on/off on sammich fixes that.

Thanks again Nils for the dll,

Edited by flimboscompletedhisquest

• 3 years later...

Edit: I found the 2.4 version on this forum hacked for Vice. Seems to work, altough I just tried with one d64 (Krakout)

I'm reviving this: how should you configure the hardsid.dll nILS created for VICE?

I copied it to the root directory, and enabled the SidEngine=3 option in the INI file (it can't be changed from the menus inside the program, so is the feature dropped maybe?)

Still VICE uses the software emulation.

Also, did you do any work on the dll, it´s a few years already ;) ?

Edited by Taika-Kim