Monotron MIDI

Napalmtree

Anyone else on here played with the monotrons?

I've been trying to figure out the Monotron Duo's Pitch CV.

The other two are a piece of cake since standard CV/Gate connector pads

are on the back, but the Duo is odd. It has 6 waveform patches (3 for each oscillator)

but no pitch CV.

I'm working on a kit right now, It will fit into case and will be same type (3.5mm TRS jack to midi cables) and my montribe kit. The duo is a whole different creature because the CV signals are run through a uC to be quantized so some other things need to happen for it to work right

the chromatic scale switcher for the ribbon seems to get in the way. MIDI-IF kit doesn't seem to work for these.

found oints to put the pitch CV but it seems to be wired to work with the ribbons 5k pot and won't take straight CV signals. Waiting for someone smarter to figure it out.

Edited by Napalmtree

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm interested in midification of the Monotrons also...

What do you mean by that?

Oh I meant it has square saw and triangle for each oscillator. For some reason there are solder patch points on the back for these things. I'm guessing so you can switch between them on each oscillator. Really curious about what korg's idea for modding was by putting this stuff on here. pretty amazing no ones managed to figure this out and it's been out since november 2011. I went and got the monotron Delay and midi modded that, think I have to pinch a resistor off still as the keyboard control seems really haphazard on that. the whole range/scale of notes is on only 5 keys playing 5 octaves. I'm pretty certain the midi-if kit won't work with the duo.