Ctrlr based editor for MBSID V2

TK.

• 4 weeks later...

Panel link is dead. The stock patch banks you guys made won't load in the mios studio or patch turkey or any other patch librarian i've found, says the banks are corrupt as they are not the proper length. I managed to use the bank that comes with patch turkey for the first one, but the second bank is not included.

ahhh   found a working one

http://ctrlr.org/panels?get&idx=63

Edited by Napalmtree

Doesn't work for me :(

I received:

callback error: postinit

lua runtime error

at line -1

no static rotation in class affine transform

method disabled

---------------------

and

lua runtime error

at line 67

string "..."

what

lua

namewhat

global

name

utilgetenginename

string"..." 67 attempt to call global "L" (a nil value)

method disabled

Win7 64 bit

latest stable ctrl release

Welcome to the Ctrlr world! You've to use the specified release in the first posting of this thread, because Atom isn't able to ensure that panels are compatible with older (or even newer!) versions - it's a real challenge with this guy, but take it easy and just follow my proposals! ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I played around with the new version a bit. My summary:

- When I downloaded the latest build, it was already newer and not compatible anymore with the one 1 WEEK old build 1029

- The editor seems to be faster than one year ago

- Thorstens panel works nicely when it comes to editing

- However the most important thing does not work : Loading a saved sound and sending it to the Sammich

Since the Ctrlr based "Program Manager" is still not available, you could use the MIOS Studio based SysEx Librarian:

mios_studio_sysex_lib2.png

and then press the "Receive" button in the Ctrlr panel whenever a patch should be modified.

To your complains about the panel compatibility over different Ctrlr versions: this can't be ensured, but it isn't in my hands... :-/

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

Which links did you try out exactly?

The links in the first posting of this thread are working fine - they point to the "latest tested" versions, all other links in this thread are obsolete.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ctrlr doesn't seem to run on OSX 10.5.8, which is what my current computer is running. No other options for controlling an MB SID, short of putting together one myself, I'm guessing? Maybe I'll have to just bite the bullet and update the OS on this thing, although what I really want is a new laptop.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Can someone explain to me what the three options in the lower right of the OSC panel are for? Where you choose your SID, mono/stereo, and your filter caps? I figured it would be like a quick change to calibrate all your filter settings at once, but it seems to have zero effect that I can see. I checked the manual for these options in the menus of the synth itself and didn't see anything analogous either. On the other hand, they make my patch bay blink, so they're obviously sending *something*.

Not a big deal, just curious.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new here and have a sammichSID which I built a couple of years ago. Now I saw that there is a CTRLR panel for this amazing synth.

I downloaded first the old DMG mentioned in this post along with the panel. That old DMG of CTRLR did non work in ableton (everything was greyed out in the toolbar). Now I installed the most recent CTRLR version with the panel. I am able to load the panel but it gives two messages:

Callback error: sendLfo (at line89)

Callback error: sendOSc (at line153

(attempt to index a nil value)

As a result the OSC sections and LFO sections on the panel doesn't send out midi (checked in the monitor of ctrlr).

Only the filter does work and the parameters on the most right side (play mode etc).

I'm on  OSX 10.10.1 with ableton Live 9.1.7 64 bit.

Does anybody recognize these messages?

I was hoping to get this working, as editing the sammichSID on the unit itself is not as intuitive and therefore it's not as used as much as I want it to.

After looking a bit into the LUA editor I have a workaround for now.

I disabled line 150 to 167 for the sendOsc method which seems to handle some modes for the baseline and multi part. Probably I disabled some functionality (when modId =16) but at least the Osc parameters are send out over the midi port now.

Probably some things don't work anymore after the new releases of the ctrlr plug.

[edit]  It's AWESOME. Exactly what the sammich needed.

The only thing which does not work so far is the poly mode on the multi tab. I think it has something to do with the stuff I disabled.

Thanks TK and all who did contribute for this panel and the whole Midibox concept!

Edited by Holypeyote