8-Bit Electron Beam

Hawkeye

That is both a really cool song and an amazing use of an oscope ;) If I can ask, which did you get and how do you like it? When I get back to working on the PSU section of my SID synth, I was thinking of grabbing up one so I could see if I could measure ripple and other things. See a lot of Tektronix brand scopes for pretty cheap off eBay that go up to 100MHz (plenty for what I would need, I would think).

Thanks Tim,

it is just an old 20MHz scope - should be good for almost everything up to 2MHz digital because of the harmonics or so - it is a Hameg 203-5 from around 1986 :) - about 50 bucks on ebay. I think that it is nicer for audio waveform display than those new TFT scopes, as it has no resolution limitation and also has that nice bright beam, which you can use to attract your cats or other house co-inhabitants :)

Greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Absolutely! Unfortunately the nice update speed of the scope beam cannot be transported via youtube video :)

But it still looks cool, was a good song, and made me now want my own o-scope :) And wow they have really come down in price on eBay!

SCIENCE! *whoosh*