Sammich TS Menue Buttons/ Encoder

puddingbrumsel

Hi,

finished soldering my sammichSID. Voltage test was ok. Mios up and running, also uploading application sammich .hex v2.40 was no problem. Went step for step through build guide. Sids not placed yet. Last step was to install the shift registers. Now my problem.

My 4 menue buttons and the encoder doesn't function. Made a check of all nessesary soldering points and also again a voltage test on ic2 but did not find a mistake. The other buttons work fine. Am i overseeing something? Is there any hint to get the error. Also tried another register ic but problem is still there. I dont get it ... :unsure:

Hope you can help me. Searched the forum already but the solutions and problems didn't match mine.

My board is revision 2 if that matters.

Hoping for sammich,

Christian

Hi,

problem is still there. Resoldered all points including ic2, resistor bulk, switches, encoder. Made another voltage check, which was ok. Also checked voltage with inserted ic. Everything seems fine voltages are there where they have to be. Changed ic1 with ic2 both works in socket ic1. But no response from the menue buttons or the encoder.

Q: Is it right that the bulk resistors face all the same direction?

Maybe a software problem? I'm at work so i can't have a look at it. Any advice for a application for testing the functions?

Please help.

If anyone is living in Nürnberg and could give assistance i would be glad (today or next week, i stay at NB over the week). Also assistance over google/hangout/skype/chat even twitter would be ok after work.

Here we go,

uploaded the app with the result that ic2 does not work. Just pulled the ic's again and measured for shorts between the pins of the RNs. And tada ... :shocked: ... short between first and last pin of RN1. See the picture. I think it makes sense now. As it is the pin IC2 is linked to. But where is the bridge? The solder points are looking fine IMO. Any suggestions?

post-4452-0-41651300-1335202126_thumb.jp

I think its the network. Maybe wrong part number. But i cant get it off the pcb. Any advice for desoldering the RN?

Cut all pins directly above the frontside of the pcb with a wire cutter - use a desoldering pump from the front - heat from the back with your soldering iron - when heated, suck away pin remainders and solder remainders one by one. This will leave you with clean holes for resoldering the part.

Greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye