Remote Midi with MidiSeq V4

tupinamba

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a way to control my MidiSeq v4 with external midi signals. I found out that a keyboard can be connected to the Midi Seq and found a keyboard layout for MidiSeq v2 but...

I cannot fin a way to activate the midi remote fonction.

A few questions:

Can it work with a midi keyboard connected to MIDI IN1?

Can it work with pads a Roland V-Drum (TD-3) connected to the MIDI IN1? (in which case the notes that trigger the Midi Seq fonctions would have to be definable as the TD-3 uses the classic midi note layout used for drums...)

Basically I'd like to be able to start / stop the patterns or songs with a footswitch and / or to change patterns with a keyboard...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tupinamba

This is very impressive Thomas!

And "classe", comme le dit si bien Julien (salut Julien !)

Is there a specific "Midi Solutions" hardware to connect a multiple footswitch to the Midi Seq ?

I found out that it is possible to change note numbers sent by the Roland TD-3 module. So if I know how to activate the Midi Remote function, I should be able to configure the pads and the Charleston pedal to fit the functions I want (like start / stop)... so how do I activate?... :twitch:

Hi,

Yes, I found the layout but wasn't able to activate the mode using the C note. Is it C6? C7?...

And even if I manage to make it work with my MIDI keyboard, how will I do with my Roland TD-3?

Sorry if my questions sound stupid but I'm kinda stuck...

EDIT :

It works with C5...

But any idea on how to activate if I'm using my Roland TD-3?...

Edited by tupinamba

Yes, that's it! I was trying to plug the Roland TD-3 after playing C5 with a keyboard, then unpluging the keyboard and pluging the Roland TD-3. It just couldn't work that way! Sometimes I really do dumb things...

Edited by tupinamba

• 2 years later...

... Still... :-)

I am now trying to use my Midi Keyboard with its numerous pads and pots to control the MB SEQ.

I would like to be able to start, stop, change songs... from my Midi keyboard (it has pads for start, stop, preview, next...).

Is this really possible? If so, how?

Thanks,

Gaël