Newbie questions about parts list
Posted 26 May 2012 - 00:13
1. I've seen some builds with an externally accessible SD card slot on the back panel, but no mention of this in the documentation or any build instructions I could find. I'm guessing if I can find a suitable SD card socket, I can just solder the pinouts from that to the core board via some cabling? FWIW, I'm planning to go with LPC17.
Here is what I understand I will need, does this list sound right?
1. Core board (LPC17)
2. LPCXPRESSO (from mouser)
3. Wilba's CS PCB and components needed to assemble it (kit + whatever isn't included)
4. 2 2-line 40 character LCD panels. I'm seeing 17", 19" and 20" mentioned in various places, what size goes with the Wilba board? or am I an idiot and those measurements apply to something else?
5. Enclosure. I would like a desktop version. I have access to a makerspace with some nice equipment, might try to make my own :-).
6. (Optionally) IICs for more midi out ports. Not sure if I want to do this yet. But I do have more than two devices to control.
7. Power supply
Am I missing anything?
Thanks for your help, super excited about some day having one of these :-)
Posted 26 May 2012 - 00:52
The list sounds good (you also need parts for the Core board ofc, but Tim/SmashTV sells them in a nice package).
Yes, you can solder to any SD Card slot (or even disassemble an el-cheapo USB-SD Adapter which is available for less than 2 bucks, often cheaper than a standalone SD card slot )
Regarding the 40x2 character LCDs, afaik they come only in one industry standard size (also look for HD44780 compatibility) , but better check the LCDs datasheet - you can compare the dimensions (e.g. for the mounting screws) with the dimensions of Wilbas control-surface PCB (it is in the Wiki). Probably the 17/19/20 inch stuff refers to the overall width of the sequencer aluminum panel.
The SEQ V4 definitely rocks, you won´t regret the build for a second
Edited by Hawkeye, 26 May 2012 - 00:59.
Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:17
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users