my 6582 build

florian

hello at all!

I finally receive my pcb and kit, so i will soon begin to solder it ( will certainly wait for the panels, and for waiting, order the components that i need to complete the control surface.

Today i have 4 sids, ans maybe two news soon to feed it.

I have decided to begin this post in order to take advice, and will take pics step by step of my build and choices, first in order to easily take help, and maybe it will deserve another one...

I have seen the great hawkeye tutorial,  hope it will run fine...

thanks at all

Edited by florian

I finished mine last week. The documentation is great. Only problem I had was a few bad IC's which were tricky to figure out. I used 4-6582, 2x6581, and 2xswinsid's (are in the mail).

Had a little jam session w/ it last night at a friends house, and it was a LOT of fun!

• 7 months later...

hello at all!

I finally finish last week my 6582, and all seem ok at the first time, appart froma bit of noise, will see this later.

First big thanks of course

- to all the guy involved in the midibox devellopement ( tk, nils wilba smash tv and all the one i don't know/forgot....)

-to wilba for the design and compilation of midibox modules in this great pcb and for the great build guide

-to hawkeye for his essential tutorial on control surface (help a lot for sourcing parts

-to altitude for his great  psu mod

Edited by florian

I finished mine last week. The documentation is great. Only problem I had was a few bad IC's which were tricky to figure out. I used 4-6582, 2x6581, and 2xswinsid's (are in the mail).

I tried two swinsids (nanosid) in a 3-core MBSID with a pair of 6581s and a pair of 8580s, but I found the swinsid sound level too low in comparison to the original SIDs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Florian,

I experienced that often commercial power supply ( I assumed that you are powering with the one I see in the picture ) have  at least 2200uF capacitor.

Personally I have a supply with two 2200 caps ( better two 2200 than one 4700 to reduce RS ) and this have reduced ripple noise I heard with a commercial supply .

This is not the solution , is only my experience but you can try.

Take a look at this forum page too.

Best regards

Antonio