New MBHP module: MBHP_DIO_MATRIX

TK.

The new MBHP_DIO_MATRIX module combines two DIN and two DOUT registers to simplify the wiring to button/keyboard matrices.

It has been mainly created for the upcoming MIDIbox KB project, therefore J3 and J4 (input/output pins) are (almost) 1:1 compatible to most Fatar keyboards.

But the module is also useful for other purposes, e.g. for matrices connected to MIDIO128 or simply whenever only two DIN/DOUT shift registers are required for a project.

I'm sure that the PCB will be available in SmashTV's MIDIbox Shop soon! :smile:

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The new Eagle format is XML based, probably you've installed another program which expects a different content.

So: store the file on your harddisk, and open it with Eagle from there.

For the case that it isn't obvious: please install the latest Eagle version 6.2.0 or higher.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Nice one TK!, had a quick look at the wiring schemes but couldn't figure out, will this work ok with a 2 octaves fatar keyboard?

Maybe I'll just need the LPC17 as I already built a 1 DIN + 1 DOUT for a pic core (but couldn't get the code working back then).

Laters,

Freddy

Nice one TK!, had a quick look at the wiring schemes but couldn't figure out, will this work ok with a 2 octaves fatar keyboard?

yes, the configuration of MBKB is very flexible, it also allows to handle a 2 octave keyboard.

Connections are similar to this one: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_kb/midibox_kb_fatar_df_61_interconnections.pdf

One DIN and one DOUT is required, just translate the output/input connections to the actual circuit.

Configuration:

set srio_num 1
set kb 1 note_offset 48
set kb 1 rows 8
set kb 1 velocity on
set kb 1 optimized on
set kb 1 dout_sr1 1
set kb 1 dout_sr2 0
set kb 1 din_sr1 1
set kb 1 din_sr2 0
set kb 1 din_key_offset 32
set kb 1 din_inverted off
set kb 1 break_inverted off
set kb 1 delay_fastest 100
set kb 1 delay_slowest 2000
store
[/code]

Best Regards, Thorsten.

P.S.: official MBKB thread here:

• 2 weeks later...

The new MBHP_DIO_MATRIX module combines two DIN and two DOUT registers to simplify the wiring to button/keyboard matrices.

It has been mainly created for the upcoming MIDIbox KB project, therefore J3 and J4 (input/output pins) are (almost) 1:1 compatible to most Fatar keyboards.

But the module is also useful for other purposes, e.g. for matrices connected to MIDIO128 or simply whenever only two DIN/DOUT shift registers are required for a project.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Something wrong is in mbhp_ainser64_v1.brd file. Eagle noticed me "invalid data in file" the structure looks like "web page" not an eagle file.

The same problem is in mbhp_dio_matrix_v1.brd file.

Best Regards

Marcin Smoliński

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ok. I found solution described in thread. Just open it by Eagle v. 6.2.0

Best regards

Marcin Smoliński