Buying Potions - Our First Chip-Hop Song

m00dawg

Though not many MidiBox things are found on this track (we did use my GM5x5x5 if that counts :P), made heavy use of the GameBoy with LSDJ and our ShieldBoy (our own ArduinoBoy adoption for folks that are familiar with that project). It's a fun tune we were able to complete with the help of fiverr.com and a rapper on there that helped us with the lyrics and vocals. This is I think the 2nd or 3rd song we ever worked on for Chipsurf Pipeline, but it never fit the album. Turns out it's because it was destined to be a chip-hop song, not a chip-surf one :)

Anyways enjoy! If you like it, it will be available as a free download later on. We released it as a pre-master early so we could add it as an option for our Kickstarter project (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/victimcache/chipsurf-pipeline-on-vinyl):

Well, to be clear, it's not our vocals - it's Famikon's (the guy we contacted via fiverr.com). You will hear us on our next album though, although my band-mate will be doing most of the vox (I'll be doing background vocals mostly).

That said, it turned out really well. The whole chiptunes + rap thing is a pretty good combo :)