XCode does not see environment variables

EsotericLabs

Hello,

I'm new to Midibox, but i love the concept already. I'm putting together my firts LPC17 core but I got stuck setting up the programming environment. I'm on Mac with Lion OSX and XCode 4.3. I installed SDCC an GPUTILS with Mac Ports as in the Docu Wiki. I set up the environment variables as in http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=macos_mios32_toolchain_core, I put the skeleton project in XCode (with only an app target), but when I build, Xcode does not see the environment variables, and ends with an error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for helping me out.

Hi,

for LPC17 you need a different, gcc based toolchain - it's very different from the PIC setup.

I'm unsure if this works in Xcode, normally I execute the Makefile directly with the command shell.

A link to the precompiled toolchain + additional informations can be found here:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios32_c.html

(follow the Mac Link)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you very much Thorsten,

I'm honored to hear from you in person. I had missed out the tool chain download, but I' m not sure it's downloaded correctly. It stops at 19.9m but says it has more. And then unzipping gives an error. Any other server to try?

And if I figure out how to set up with Lion an Xcode, I will post it.

For me, Xcode is also new. I used to program in other environments.

I now got to the point where I can use XCode for editing and compile from the terminal with make -s. I needed the toolchain and the command line tools (Xcode->Preferences->Downloads->Command Line Tools->install). But then I could compile 001_forwarding_midi without any problems. I now have a .hex file, that needs to be converted to .syx (once I finish the core), right?

But I did not get xcode to properly understand the environment variables. It says

/Users/martijneskinasi/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MIOS_Skeleton-fbpmxsbgweoachcyuzoxednrxabu/Build/Intermediates/MIOS Skeleton.build/Debug/SkeletonApp.build/Script-E3BCCAE4158FB69A006D012B.sh: line 7: cd: /Users/martijneskinasi/Documents/Studio/XCode/MIOS: No such file or directory

Makefile:50: /programming_models/traditional/programming_model.mk: No such file or directory

Makefile:53: /modules/app_lcd//app_lcd.mk: No such file or directory

Makefile:56: /include/makefile/common.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `/include/makefile/common.mk'. Stop.

$MIOS32_PATH is properly set up in ~/.profile and is available in the terminal. I do not understand why a makefile should be a target.

I now got to the point where I can use XCode for editing and compile from the terminal with make -s. I needed the toolchain and the command line tools (Xcode->Preferences->Downloads->Command Line Tools->install). But then I could compile 001_forwarding_midi without any problems. I now have a .hex file, that needs to be converted to .syx (once I finish the core), right?

No - you can upload the .hex file directly to the core by using MIOS Studio.

A .syx file conversion is neither required, nor supported for MIOS32 (since the approach via MIOS Studio is more robust)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

No - you can upload the .hex file directly to the core by using MIOS Studio.

A .syx file conversion is neither required, nor supported for MIOS32 (since the approach via MIOS Studio is more robust)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you! That makes life easier again. The Reichelt parts should arrive any moment now. I'm excited to put it all together and upload a .hex..