SEQ remote control for Lemur
Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:47
This required some slight mods to the SeqV4 app. I have included a compiled .hex based on the latest svn, as well as the modified source files. My edits are marked: "edited" in a comment.
Beyond the mods to get this to work I've also changed the BLM handler for Lemur-BLM users: shift+extra column now selects parameter layer in grid mode. I think this may clash with hardware BLM users' shift+extra column - there needs to be a reliable check for hardware vs. software BLM.
- Special LCD characters from Seq are not available at current, they are replaced with an empty space.
- Any UI page with high update rate + content (like exit page while playing) results in large sysex output -> increased CPU usage + bandwidth. I may have to reduce update rate similar to what I did with the LEDs.
- LCD text is slightly misaligned, I've asked Liine if they can provide a monospace font option to solve this problem.
- Import the .jzlib files to your Lemur layout. seq.jzlib is mine, blm.jzlib is TK's BLM layout.
- Requires a spare midi port to the Seq. I'm using USB3. Select appropriate midi port in Lemur ie. MIDIIN3/MIDIOUT3.
-- Select the appropriate midi target number in Lemur. TK's BLM layout uses Midi target 0. This layout by default uses target 1.
-- To alter: change variable midiTarget, and the target for both scripts onNRPN() and onSysex().
-- You may need to reboot seq and lemur to get the setting to switch if it doesn't seem to be working.
- The pins and shift registers need to be configured to match your MBSEQ_HW.V4 file. I have included mine for reference.
-- Edit these in the receiveLED*() and initBtnPins*() functions.
-- You can add your own LEDs/buttons as you wish. There is a limit to the length of a function in Lemur so you may need to add more receiveLED and initBtnPins functions.
- Change encoder sensitivity?
- New layouts, direct editing of parameters. This is a proof-of-concept mirroring my hardware as much as anything, and I'm sure it can be improved upon.
-- I've developed a framework for direct editing of all the parameters of the tracks ie. channel, gate, note, velocity etc.
-- I'm not quite sure, however, what the best way of laying that out in Lemur is. I'm yet to think of anything more functional than the BLM.
--- Maybe a 'channel strip' beside the BLM?
fb-remote-seq-0.1.zip 370.63K 14 downloads
Posted 26 June 2012 - 23:40
Wow! That is excellent, thanks for sharing your work
Here's a nearly fully functional Seq remote control for Lemur. It's early days yet, but LED, encoder, button and LCD are all working acceptably. Encoders are set for drag up and down to change.
I've only had time to quickly fire it up and check connectivity to my hardware, but that worked fine. I will spend a bit of time with it and try to provide some feedback.... other than wow!