Bankstick PCB

Napalmtree

Howdy, almost at the halfway point with the Step C build, but I noticed mikes shop doesn't work where I am and there seems to be no bankstick prefab PCBs anywhere. Is everyone just making them out of blank boards and soldering the wiring to IC sockets or what is the recommended method of build? I couldn't find any other topics on this specific thing.

I designed a board and had it made at BatchPCB. Before that, I just wired them to a protoboard, yep. The board layout is really simple so you could probably make your own. You're welcome to mine, although I haven't looked at it in a while. I had one issue with Batch where my ground-plane didn't connect when it should have (specification mismatch probably on my part) but I recommend using DorkBot PDX now for one-off boards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

If anybody still is interested, I have made a layout for a perforated board with solderpads.

I have no idea if this will work, I just made this while I'm waiting for my shipment to arrive ;)

I made this with a program called DIYLC 3.7.0 Beta. You might want to flip the image vertically for soldering.

If anyone sees any mistakes, please let me know. I'm really pretty much new to this and have limited time for private projects due to being in the final phase of my studies :(

post-10036-0-74453600-1342964270_thumb.j

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any US supplier of bankstick PCBs? I could order from mikes but shipping is kind of steep. My hand soldering skills are pretty terrible.

If we can get a number of people that need them, I could make a bulk buy from Mikes to keep the shipping costs down.

--tom

Is there any US supplier of bankstick PCBs? I could order from mikes but shipping is kind of steep. My hand soldering skills are pretty terrible.

You can always pick a design mentioned above and have it fabbed at Oshpark (DorkBot). Rather cheap for what you get and really good quality. They even except Eagle files directly so you can pretty much grab a design and send it directly to them without even needing EagleCAD (but you really should get board layout software at some point if you're serious about MidiBox).