Any more sammichFMs? [YES, see page 2]

pingosimon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13.3.2016 at 6:11 PM, ErMangaver said:

On 25.2.2016 at 6:07 AM, Academic Planner said:

We should now be at 50 preorders if we counted psxc and Okko. Maybe we all wait longer?

the list.

Hope is OK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The initial email went 3+ years ago, the waiting list was established over 1 year ago, we hit over 50 preorders (list not completely updated) and there hasn't been any sort of official word on an update. I'd think it's pretty safe to say this isn't happening. Compound this with the recent Volca FM release and this is making even less sense. Prove me wrong? (again)

Hola,

While - without feedback on that matter from either nILS or Wilba for about half a year - nobody really knows, if or when it will take place, it is safe to say, that building an original MIDIbox FM as documented on ucapps.de surely is still an option to get a MIDIbox FM :).

Big efforts were made by @Sauraen in the last time to build a STM32F4-powered new variant, and @Psykhaze is planning for a different version with a bit bigger CS than the SammichFM, but a smaller CS than Sauraens leviathan (not in a bad way, but probably too expensive and time-intense to build for the standard user) CS.

Methinks, there would be a big future for a new version of MIDIbox FM, if there is enough interest and an affordable CS can be designed.
Fortunately, imho Volca FM (also PreenFM) are totally different from the OPL3 "signature" sound that just brings back good old DOS-game memories (Dune II, anyone? :-))

Many greets,
Peter

On May 2, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Academic Planner said:

The initial email went 3+ years ago, the waiting list was established over 1 year ago, we hit over 50 preorders (list not completely updated) and there hasn't been any sort of official word on an update. I'd think it's pretty safe to say this isn't happening. Compound this with the recent Volca FM release and this is making even less sense. Prove me wrong? (again)

Volca FM is a three-voice toy of a synth. Hardly compares to the MBFM, aside from both using FM synthesis.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realize I'm late but please add me to the list (or maybe there's a reserve list if more than 50 people have signed up). I've mailed Jason, hope this is still happening.

The sammichFM seems great: multitimbral, separate outs, awesome OPL sound - all in a neat little box. I'd really like to build one! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...