MIDIbox E-Drums

sylwester

Hey,

I've started to build a very small prototype of my MIDIbox E-Drumkit.

This started as I've been watching a documentary about Kraftwerk and I just remembered

my old drafts for a velocity-sensitive drum tigger.

Components needed: LPC17 core, voltage divider, current-limiting resistor, piezo buzzer

This is it so far (yeah, the video is kind of boring, but it's intended for showing that

everything works ok.

What do you think?

I'm planning to build a complete drumkit. But next time bigger pads, hats and also

drum pedals.

Edited by sylwester

Hi, nice project.

I planing to build something similar, or.... actually completely different but the same HW can be used.

I´ve got an old upright piano im going to kill and midify using piezo-buzzers (piano hammers on buzzers), so im a curious how you managed to connect the buzzers to the ain-module?

Haven´t been visiting in this forum for several year (build a sid-unit around 8-10 years ago) so im not very updated on what have happened in the midibox world since then. But it sure looks like Thorsten has been buisy. :D

Btw a tip for your project (or at least a prototype) get your hands on an old (used cheap) playstation drumset, it´s nice for a first set of pads until everything works as intended. I´ve got one and connected the pads to an old drum module with midi out (i bit lazy compaired to you ;-))

Best regards

skov

(from denmark)