quiet led push switch

harps

i don't know what is the use for, but care with the mec switch, they don´t have common cathode.

all is explain here :

if it's for a BLM, i would to use Livid instruments pads, but as the conductor ring is a bit little you have to cut it for use it with 3 legged led (with common cathode, so red green and orange).

maybe the solutions is to use SMD leds...

i will restart to work on it when weather starts to be sad ! here in Canada, winter was been created to work on Midiboxes ! :tongue:

Bye

Edited by Lamouette

i don't know what is the use for, but care with the mec switch, they don´t have common cathode.

all is explain here :

if it's for a BLM, i would to use Livid instruments pads, but as the conductor ring is a bit little you have to cut it for use it with 3 legged led (with common cathode, so red green and orange).

maybe the solutions is to use SMD leds...

i will restart to work on it when weather starts to be sad ! here in Canada, winter was been created to work on Midiboxes ! :tongue:

Bye

Those livid buttons look great. might need to gold plate the pcb for reliability? and also cut square holes in project box.

i shall re-read your thread again, as i am interested in the creation of an eagle part footprint so the 3 pin/leg led can fit inside, that would be cool. :)

heres where i learnt to do this

create custom eagle part:

peace.

...and once the part is made

here is how to finalise and add it to the library.

you should be able to draw a grid out (for the pad to touch)

there are tools to draw lines and circles, whatever you need.

yes, gold applied on the PCB could be nice (and more solid than normal trace).

(i'm at job so i can't see all the thing you put on your post)

I already worked a bit on a trace for the 3 legged led + livid buttons, but it's not really easy. the part have to be usefull in a lot of project (like the BLM), and fit perfectly with a full pad (8x8) of livid buttons. so it must be suffisant large to have a good contact, and suffisant small to fit perfectly, and let some space around and between the others trace around !

i'll search tonight, some relic of my work om it.

If we could work together to find a good solution, it could be really nice and fun ! and usefull for the community of midibox ! :ahappy:

yes, gold applied on the PCB could be nice (and more solid than normal trace).

(i'm at job so i can't see all the thing you put on your post)

I already worked a bit on a trace for the 3 legged led + livid buttons, but it's not really easy. the part have to be usefull in a lot of project (like the BLM), and fit perfectly with a full pad (8x8) of livid buttons. so it must be suffisant large to have a good contact, and suffisant small to fit perfectly, and let some space around and between the others trace around !

i'll search tonight, some relic of my work om it.

If we could work together to find a good solution, it could be really nice and fun ! and usefull for the community of midibox ! :ahappy:

i'll post to you in your thread.