Led Encoder Ring PCB

docdune

I made the same question few months ago. Although I figure how to make my own LED ring PCB layout, never finished the layout on Eagle (Very lazy here because *finally* MIDI controllers are cheap in my place)

Just thinking if we can design a similar board that fits in a MIDIBox project. Some sort of breakout board for LED Ring + Enconders (further run a bulkorder or maybe smashtv or mike can start to sell it in the similar fashion of sparkfun´s breakout boards), anyone up to?

Mayhewlabs is way too expensive, It'd be cheaper to buy a Behringer BCR2000 and rip out the encoders + rings from that (plus you'd get a bunch of other components you could use)...

I would totally love a LED ring PCB. I'm about to wire a bunch of loose LED's into ~100 holes I've yet to drill. PITA. What I'm really interested in is LED ring + PWM interface, then you can use superbright LED's and use a single pot to adjust brightness on the fly. What I'm not sure about is using a ring with SMD LED's and how to mount that to a panel.