[B] sammichSID or possibly MB-6582

Arkay

Hi Everyone,

Having only just recently found this awesome site I've come to realise I really would love to have a sammichSID(to start with), and possibly an MB-6582.

So I thought I'd ask if any of you kind folk are looking at selling a sammichSID at present.

I've also emailed Wilba in the hope he may still have a kit available. I live in the same city (Melbourne Australia), but can handle postage from anywhere.. So wish I'd have known about this sooner!! DOH!

Don't mind if built or un-assembled.

Please let me know if you have anything to offer.

Scratch that. Gonna build my own MB-6582 now!

I can't see how to change the title. If a mod sees this please change the title to BMY (building my own) instead of B (wanting to purchase).

Thanks and Regards!

-Arkay.

Edited by Arkay

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the welcome! Believe me the temptation to build my own is rising. I figured I could get my feet wet with the sammich to start. Though it is tempting to want the whole shebang.

I dont' think I'd have any problems with the electronics. Not new to kit builds. But I haven't yet read enough about what can be sourced and where. Particularly with regard to control surfaces. I know you can get the boards and component kits (BYO Sids), but I'd really want it to look as sexy as the ones I've seen and there are a lot of miscellaneous parts to source/purchase. I wish there were an option for a complete kit. But that is just laziness I know (though time is always a factor these days).

I'll keep reading but in the meantime if anyone wants to sell a sammich I'm here to buy, knowing the option to build a MB-6582 is still there ;)

Cheers,

Arkay.

Ok. Dunno if this a record in turnaround but thanks to Peter and to the awesome content of this site I've made the decision to build my own MB-6582.

Please ignore the request to buy and stand back. Could be dangerous once I get to soldering ;)

Cheers,

Arkay.

Edited by Arkay

Heh. Thanks. I know I'm gonna love it.

I was only joking about standing back. I've done a fair bit of soldering over the years :) though I'm a little rusty.

Can't wait to get started. Have ordered the base parts kit and boards and have sids on the way.

Will order control surface parts next week and the panels with any luck.

Power I'm still not clear on. Don't want to use a C64 supply. I'd rather buy an off the shelf power brick, or better still build in an off the shelf supply if there is room in the case (doubtful). But I still have to research this side of things. I could build a supply but it would be nicer if I don't have to. Don't want a lack of power to be holding me back when everything else is ready to go.

I'm sure the info is here. Just have to keep reading.

Cheers,

Arkay.

Edited by Arkay