NorthernLightX's SID photoblog

NorthernLightX

I wonder how the retainer legs work? What kind of buttons sit beneath the clear plastic tops that can be seen above?

The retainer legs go through holes in the pcb and have small hooks to keep them there. The button caps are a Waldorf part (like the ALBS knobs) and use the same type of actuators as on the standard MB6582, but now not with a 13mm shaft but with a very short shaft (virtually no shaft at all). This is a standard Reichelt part fortunately, so not expensive at all. I will post pics when I have it set up.

I bought them from a group buy/bulk order yeeeears ago, along with some ALBS/waldorf knob caps.

How many do you need? I have 60 and do not need all of them (I have 48 holes so in theory would have 12 spare, minus a few for experiments with the cursor buttons)

Edited by NorthernLightX

Question to ilmenator (or anyone else who knows the answer) since he pointed this schematic out in another thread: There are a few vacant places in the matrix. Can I just add buttons on those locations and allocate functions in MIOS for them? I planned to have separate buttons for EXT IN (Filter Feedback) per SID, so my guess is that implementing those will not be hard at all.

Same question for the LEDS; I have planned a separate LED for each SID EXT IN, is there a similar schematic for the LEDs?

How many do you need? I have 60 and do not need all of them (I have 48 holes so in theory would have 12 spare, minus a few for experiments with the cursor buttons)

I could not say that I need them, I have a backlog of things to build where I could not use these anyways, and I already have way too much stuff sitting here waiting to be used. I rather see a lot of interesting opportunities after having lasered my first Ponoko panels and seeing how easy this is and how cheap compared to all the other guys working with / offering aluminium front panels. Until now I have always restricted myself to round button caps, because they were easy to drill. That limitation seems to be gone now :frantics: .

There are a few vacant places in the matrix. Can I just add buttons on those locations and allocate functions in MIOS for them? I planned to have separate buttons for EXT IN (Filter Feedback) per SID, so my guess is that implementing those will not be hard at all.

I would think so, yes.

Same question for the LEDS; I have planned a separate LED for each SID EXT IN, is there a similar schematic for the LEDs?

The LED schematic is here, also with some vacant slots.

In theory you could just ask ponoko to keep the lasered cutouts and include them in the package, instant perfect fitting buttons :sorcerer:

At least with Formulor.de I can confirm that they are all there, no problem - they do not know what is the beef and what is the bone, after all. Here is the result:

post-3442-0-75387000-1354280787_thumb.jp

post-3442-0-57908600-1354280791_thumb.jp

post-3442-0-71878000-1354280794_thumb.jp

post-3442-0-21404100-1354280798_thumb.jp

When I did this I was inspired by