[FEELER] Mean Well RPT-60B Switching PSU

NorthernLightX

I'm looking for a PSU for a MBFM... I thought switching power supplies and audio is a no-go because of the HF noise?! Also what are the differences to Reichelt PSA 25L-301 (except for the output power)?

Several people have tested this with MB SID and noise is not an issue. The difference with the reichelt one is besides the outpower power, efficiency is 70 vs 77 on the Mean Well.

Several people have tested this with MB SID and noise is not an issue. The difference with the reichelt one is besides the outpower power, efficiency is 70 vs 77 on the Mean Well.

Also, I did not see any info on the switching frequency of the PSU at Reichelt. The one here has a high-enough switching frequency and is, as Shuriken stated, known to be good. The Reichelt one could be good, too, but it has not been tested.

I've looked at the specs of the Reichelt PSU briefly in the past, and as far as I can remember the switching frequency is also 100KHz so it's fine in that regard. It is however less efficient as Shuriken already pointed out, has about half of the power the Mean Well RPT60-B can deliver, and is not cheaper.

ytsestef cancelled by PM, so I'm still waiting for janvanvolt to confirm or cancel his order and then I can start collecting payment and place the final order next week.

Updated list:

* wants molex connectors as well

confirmed / unconfirmed

NorthernLightX  2*

Shuriken        3*

jojjelito       1*

Rosch           2*

ilmenator       2

Ajax            1*

Johey           1* - combined shipping with jojjelito

dnode           2*

janvanvolt                  1

---------------------------------------

Total           14

Edited by NorthernLightX

Ajax decided to pull out after all, so janvanvolt is the only one who hasn't replied yet.

Updated list:

confirmed / unconfirmed

NorthernLightX  2*

Shuriken        3*

jojjelito       1*

Rosch           2*

ilmenator       2

dnode           2*

janvanvolt                  1

Total           13

Please everybody; have the funds ready to be wire transferred early next week so the Bulk Order can go forward as planned. Thanks! :flowers:

Great!

I'll place the order today then, so from this point on nobody can join the BO anymore... :tongue:

Final list:

confirmed / unconfirmed

NorthernLightX  2*

Shuriken        3*

jojjelito       1*

Rosch           2*

ilmenator       2

dnode           2*

janvanvolt      1*

Total           14

I will send payment details by PM this afternoon.

Cheers, Alex.

Update:

NorthernLightX  Myself

Shuriken        Payment pending

jojjelito       Payment pending

Rosch           Payment pending

ilmenator       Payment pending

Johey           combined shipping with jojjelito

dnode           ?

janvanvolt      ?

I really hope the guys who haven't responded yet will do so soon. I have already ordered the 14 pieces, if someone bails out now I'll have some spares I need to get rid of...

Edited by NorthernLightX

Update:

NorthernLightX  Myself

Shuriken        Payment received

Rosch           Payment received

ilmenator       Payment received

dnode           Payment received

jojjelito       Payment received

Johey           combined payment & shipping with jojjelito

janvanvolt      ?

I'll PM janvanvolt some more :rolleyes:

Edited by NorthernLightX

Jan's payment is pending, and the manufacturer communicated an expected shipping date of 10-10-12, so everything is going smoothly so far.

I only have to refund Rosch some cash (will do so this week) and order the Molex parts. Will keep you all updated when there's anything to report, so be prepared for a short radio silence. If you have questions do not hesitate to PM or mail me.

Cheers, Alex.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update: PSUs are in. I'll be doing some packing this weekend, but still need to order the molex stuff (wanted to place a big order for parts for multiple projects and wasn't sure what the total BOM was going to be, hence I held off a few days, hope nobody minds). So those who have not ordered molex connectors will have their stuff sent out next week, the others will follow as soon as I have the molex stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Took some time off work to go to the post office this morning; all PSU's have been sent out :frantics:

One comment on the female Molex connectors: these are not the exact type I had in mind, and need a small modification. These have a ridge that on certain male headers is used to secure the connector to the header. In the case of the Mean Well PSU the ridge interferes with the plastic of the header, and the ridge needs to be cut off. Just use a sharp cutter or a file and you'll be fine; the pins have enough friction to stay in place by themselves.