[FEELER] Mean Well RPT-60B Switching PSU

NorthernLightX

OKOK, was just trying to be nice (without being sarcastic for once) or something :D

At first I didn't connect what it would be, I started dreaming it was Stroopwafels laced with Kush, then I realized what it was. No, I wasn't disappointed. Only amused at my preconceptions :hug:

Edited by jojjelito

• 1 month later...

Never get too hasty! I waited to install the PSU until today, and now I can confirm it is working flawlessly. Very neat and completely silent.

I planned to use the case and cables from an old C64 PSU, but unfortunately the inners were heavily glued to the case. At least I borrowed the cables from that PSU.

I wanted to use the power button and C64 power connector in the MB6582, so I had to patch the mainboard a little. It now works perfectly. I installed the 7809 on the mainboard, so that it will not use power while the machine is turned off.

All I need now is a neat case for the PSU. I've seen a few options at the bay, but have not yet picked one.

• Like 1

I finally ordered a case. Hard to find a perfect fit. This one is somewhat unnecessarily big, but I guess I can live with that. Beside, the PSU gets a little warm when loaded with eight SIDs and four PICs, so maybe some air around won't hurt.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300376690143

Hope it to arrive the first quarter of this year. :smile: I'll report the status when finally assembled if others are looking for the same or similar case.

Edit: Continuing this monologue in a

Edited by Johey

• 3 weeks later...