Built a Midibox CV this weekend

jonbstevens

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks, I built a MidiBox CV over the weekend with Core, DINx4, and Aout NG kits from Smash TV, and powered by a MFOS wallwart bi-polar power supply. It works great controlling my modular synth, I get about 6 octaves in tune from my MFOS VCO's, and the sync output is really nice to drive a CGS Programmer/Sequencer I just finished last week. Thanks for making this project available!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

I love the MIDIBOX CV too, considering building another one/two...

I also tried to power it with a MFOS wallwart bi-polar power supply but had considerable errors with it! The device didn't power up properly every while and then. That happend in general when turning on shortly (<10sec) after turning the suppy off. It showed, that the positive supply (core + aout_ng) had a slightly negative voltage. I've changed to a unipolar supply since I didn't need bipolar for my current setup...

but with a DIY modular as future-project I'll get back to this issue.

No problems with yout power supply?

• 2 months later...

Hi !

I haven't seen too many postings of completed MIDIbox CV builds, got any of your build to share?

8.jpg

It is in progress (got sidetracked greatly in 2011 !).. full build progress photo log:

Jay's MIDIbox CV build circa 2011

with this recent set containing most recent photos:

Dec2012 CV pics

It works and calibrated with my bench top variable PSU but I need to get it working with my in-progress modular synth PSU.. almost there.

[edit: oh yeah, this frontpanel design was inspired by Sneakthief's work, except that I made it for 5U]

-Jay

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks, I built a MidiBox CV over the weekend with Core, DINx4, and Aout NG kits from Smash TV, and powered by a MFOS wallwart bi-polar power supply. It works great controlling my modular synth, I get about 6 octaves in tune from my MFOS VCO's, and the sync output is really nice to drive a CGS Programmer/Sequencer I just finished last week. Thanks for making this project available!

Edited by analog604