Problem uploading MIOS Pic Core8

linus

Been trying to upload mios8 to my 18f452 pic core, gonna use it for motorfaders as a mf_ng. Uploaded bootloader using pickit2 and got the midi working, at least it responds to the query button in mios studio.

Been trying to upload mios8 with different miditinerfaces m-audio midisport 1x1, native instruments maschine and motu 828 mk3 hybrid and with 2 different computers, one win8 64bit beta, and one with win7 32 ultimate.

Same thing happens every try, uploads really slow between 350s and 850s, it keeps sending uploadrequest during upload (guess its not supposed to do so), when finished, mios studio says; upload has been successful, the pic reboots and starts sending uploadrequest again (every 2s).

Got an idea that it might work if i use my stm32 core as interface instead of midi, but in that case i have to change the device id of the pic in order to be able to address them separately, unfortunately they are both on id 00 at the moment. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction to change the header in the pic using pickit2 to change device id.

thanks /linus

if you got the right MIOS bootloader and can uplaod Mios, there is an app in the download section to change the ID. i used this method to build the MB6582.

Moreover, check you ve got the right bootloader for your PIC as it has changed 2 years ago, and was different from all the PICs i've seen coming from smash TV shop (but they were bought maybe 7 years ago)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem.

I just built a 18f452 pic core and I am trying to upload MIOS.

In MIOS Studio 2.3.1 I see the following message:

Operating System: MIOS8

Board: MBHP_CORE or similar

Core family: PIC18f

Bootloader is up & running!

Then I try to upload mios_v1_9g_pic18f452.hex

Before, during and after the upload, the MIDI IN box shows uploads requests.

After the upload, without any errors, I still see Bootloader is up and running!

How can I get MIOS into the PIC?

For me it sounds like a problem with the PC MIDI OUT -> Core Module MIDI IN connection.

What are the results of the tests described in the Troubleshooting Guide?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hmmm... Feeling stupid now...

I found out that one of my midi cables was bad.

Upload is so much faster now, and successful.

No problems anymore.

Thank you for your help Thorsten.

Thanks for this great platform!

Regards,

Rene.