DJ controller with integrated PC

samwise

Hi All

First - many thanks to all Midibox contributors... I've learnt alot from this site!

My Midibox -

It's a simple design with 16 buttons and 11 pots (2Ains, 2Dins) based on the old PIC board. But combined with a thinITX PC motherboard, USB soundcard and a touchscreen.

See the details at:

www.toomuchprojex.blogspot.com

It's due an update because I've assembled it now, so check it in a few days...

Sam

post-6372-0-84122000-1349169278_thumb.jp

Hi All

First - many thanks to all Midibox contributors... I've learnt alot from this site!

My Midibox -

It's a simple design with 16 buttons and 11 pots (2Ains, 2Dins) based on the old PIC board. But combined with a thinITX PC motherboard, USB soundcard and a touchscreen.

See the details at:

www.toomuchprojex.blogspot.com

It's due an update because I've assembled it now, so check it in a few days...

Sam

post-6372-0-84122000-1349169278_thumb.jp

this thing looks awesome! What touchpanel are you using?

Thanks!

The touchscreen is a custom made glass panel from China. It fits over the laptop screen and has a USB interface.

It's currently running Windows XP and Virtual DJ, but I plan to develop a skin for Mixxx - then run it with Linux.

I'll take some pics of the assembled unit tomorrow.

Sam

I found the manufacturer using alibaba (olinkindustrial).

I had to have 10 panels made (!) They are 4 wire resistive.

I currently have one for sale on ebay (not sure if i'm supposed to put links here...)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261096647109?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The unit is now assembled, and works well. I need to do some work customizing the Virtual DJ skin.

All the buttons and pots are mapped to VDJ (using VDJ script) - the tactile buttons are a bit 'clicky' but feel OK in use.

I'm using the audio output from the Motherboard for driving the headphones and the level is a bit low - so may add a little headphone amp...if I can find somewhere to put it.

http://toomuchprojex.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/entangled.html

Cheers

S