MBHP_MF_NG & Protools

Protosx

Hi everybody,

sorry for my (maybe) stupid question:

It's clear that with the MBHP_MF_NG module I can choose Makie HUI emulation for 8 faders to work with ProTools. This is what I did. I upgraded my midibox LC ( see the topic " I've built my dream") with 4 new MF_NG module connected directly to GM5 Midi ports. The work really fine with PT9. My question is: What about buttons (mute, solo, rec, sel, transport, etc)? Which core module I have to use? With which emulation? Should I have to connect each MF_NG module to each core? Which is the master core module (with transport)? I have 32 ch midibox lc (originally was 4 x core 8 + 4 x OLD MF modules now ugrated to the new), so it's not so clear to me what I have to do.

Please give me the light!!

Thank you very much in advance.

There's no need to upgrade the core module, the MBHP MF_NG can be connected to the PIC core.... see this thread:-

basically, the MF_NG module is placed between the GM5 and the core8 module, 1 MF_NG module per core.

Edited by artyman

There's no need to upgrade the core module, the MBHP MF_NG can be connected to the PIC core.... see this thread:-

basically, the MF_NG module is placed between the GM5 and the core8 module, 1 MF_NG module per core.

First of all, thank you very much for your fast reply!!!

It's clear how to connect them, but I still have a big doubt:

I have to use my midibox with PT9, so, MF_NG will be configured as HUI emulation, but what about the core8? Logic Control or Mackie Control emulation? How will they be seen by PT9? How do I have to set PT9? The olny way (that I know up to now) is to select HUI and in this way the motorfaders are working really fine with MF_NG modules, but what about buttons and encoders? Will they work under PT in LC emulation on core8 linked to MF_NG?

This is my big question.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Thank you again Artyman for your fast reply.

In my rec studio I have a Protools 9 HD3 (1 core + 3 process) and a Pro Control (it's fantastic!!!!).

What I want to do is to make an expansion for Pro Control (3 x midibox with 8 faders + 8 encoders and buttons). I've tested MF_NG with HUI emulations and it' working fine, but I can use only one midibox (PT allows to use only one midi control surface together with Procontrol which is LAN connected).

That's why I need to upgrade to Core LPC17; they have LAN connection so I can connect with ProControl.

In this way I have to connect MF_NG midi ports to LPC17 midi ports and Lan port to the PC. Am I right? But the problem is the same: How I have to configure Core LPC17? Which emulation?

If someone can help me I'll apreciate a lot!!!!!!!!

Bye

Protosx