[S] MIDIBox gear LCD windows fromSchaeffer

freddy

Guys,

as mentioned in another topic, I'll be ordering LCD windows for panelized MB gear from Schaeffer, namely MB6582, MBSEQv4 and MBFM. This is not a group buy (no time to maintain that, sorry), I'll be ordering fixed numbers of windows to get a better price for me and you (while keeping some for myself). Currently, the price breaks look like:

Gear\qty   1-4      5-9    10-19   20-30

MBSEQv4    14,91€  13,42€  11,93€  10,44€

MB6582     12,15€  10,94€  9,72€

MBFM       14,46€  13,01€  11,57€

(all prices w/o 19% VAT and shipping/handling fees)

I was thinking about ordering 20x MBSEQ windows (don't forget you need a pair for one MBSEQ), 10x MB6582 an 10x MBFM while keeping 4x MBSEQv4, 1x MB6582 and 2x MBFM for myself. According to another topic at least for MB6582 it seems no problem to reach 10 in total, I guess the same will be with MBSEQ builds (which seem to be quite popular build now since SmashTV offers the PCBs) and hoping the same for MBFM. Feel free to comment and indicate the quantities, maybe we'll get to a higher total (and a better price).

Again, this is not a group buy, just selling parts that will be left over. If you're interested, let me know, the prices are above, conditions follow.

The items will be located in Frankfurt, Germany, I'll be shipping world-wide (Europe-wide preferred) or offer a personal pick up, the price will be the actual shipping/handling (aliquot from Schaeffer to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to you) plus the cost above based on the volumes I suggested. I'd prefer Paypal payment (or wire transfers to my country's bank, I'm just located in Germany and have no bank account there) or cash for personal pick-up but I'm opened to other ideas. I won't be making any money on this order so I hope no fancy requests will start to occur regarding services requested :-) I was intending using Deutsche Post as a carrier (but again, it's not carved in stone).

Please find the current design files attached in order to review and comment. The window designs are based on official panel design published on ucapps.de (for MBFM) and Wilba's Wiki (for MB6582 and MBSEQ) and follow the same rules as TK's window for MBSEQ (e.g. the cavity having 2,7mm left on each from the rectangular opening for gluing, the window itself has 0,4mm clearance from the panel opening on each side, the cavity is slightly bigger than the material used etc.), one of the main points of this topic is to validate the designs before ordering (makes sense, right?). If we manage to confirm the design and order this week I'd expect by the end of the following week (i.e. round Oct 19th) I could have received the windows and start re-posting.

I hope to hear from you soon :-)

Hope this works,

Adrien

wilba_mbseq_lcd_window.fpd

MB-6582_r2_lcd_window.fpd

mbfm_front_v1_lcd_window.fpd

I'll take 2 MB6582 windows and one MBFM window.

I am a little curious why the windows for MBFM and MBSEQ are different; they are both for 2x40 LCDs? Or did the cutout for the MBSEQ get different dimensions?

If you actually checked the fpd you would see the dimensions and corner radius is different. The next question probably is, why :wink:

If you actually checked the fpd you would see the dimensions and corner radius is different. The next question probably is, why :wink:

The inner radius should be the same (1.5mm) on all designs, the window width is different, though (152.4mm on MBFM panel vs. 157.4mm on MBSEQ panel). Dunno why, either, though, maybe TK and Wilba used slightly different displays for each design? Maybe allowing wider looking angle for MBSEQ?

In TK's original design (can't find the link currently) the inner radius was different as well (1.5mm on the panel vs. 1.6mm on the window), not sure about the reason for that as well but in my files I made it the same (1.5mm).

I'm glad someone took a look at the files (and had no major design comments :rolleyes:). I'd guess I could actually place the order in two days...

Thanks,

Adrien

Thanks for massive interest! The current waiting list looks like this:

MBSEQ	MB6582	MBFM

freddy		4	1	2

rosch			1	

NorthernLightX		2	1

jojjelito		1	

Lamouette	2		

monokinetic	2	1	

dnode		2	1	1

gtxdude		2	2	1

kHz-tone		1	1

Arkay		2	1	

Total		14	11	6

(I hope I didn't introduce any copy/paste error)

This leaves 6x MBSEQ, 9x MB6582 (I took 20 instead of 10) and 4 MBFM windows available for rest of the MidiBOX nation :rolleyes:

I've placed the order online now, expected delivery date is Oct 19th to Oct 24th, so let's hope for the best!

Thanks again!

Hummmm, add also for me 1 MB6582 and 1 MBFM, it will be usefull one day.... Diy is like that ! :ahappy:

Got you both:

MBSEQ	MB6582	MBFM

freddy		4	1	2

rosch			1	

NorthernLightX		2	1

jojjelito		1	

Lamouette	2	1	1

monokinetic	2	1	

dnode		2	1	1

gtxdude		2	2	1

kHz-tone		1	1

Arkay		2	1	

Shuriken		1	1

Total		14	13	8

Edited by freddy

Could you add me for 1 x MB6582 window, please? Verified the FPD file, seems to be fine. :)

BTW: I live in Frankfurt (am Main).

You're there:

MBSEQ	MB6582	MBFM

freddy		4	1	2

rosch			1	

NorthernLightX		2	1

jojjelito		1	

Lamouette	2	1	1

monokinetic	2	1	

dnode		2	1	1

gtxdude		2	2	1

kHz-tone		1	1