Thank you SmashTV

gtxdude

I have been hanging out around here for 3 years now. I have built several midibox projects including a MON, Seq3, 2 X Seq4 and I’m working on a MB-6582 right now.

Many thanks have gone out to TK for his tireless work on the MidiBox platform and Wilba for his clever UI PCBs and the 6582. All are well deserved.

But there is another tireless soul in this community that I would like to publicly thank, and that would be SmashTV. I had completed my 6582 build a week ago and had a problem with the CS. None of the push buttons worked and about half of the rotary encoders were not working. I struggled with if for several days to no avail. Last Tuesday Smash helped me figure this out in a 30 minute chat session.

The problem turned out to be an open PCB land on the serial buss between two of the 74165’s. I MIGHT have figured this out sometime during my lifetime. Smash did it in 30 minutes with 4 or 5 questions. A jumper wire soldered between two pads on the main board fixed it. All push buttons and encoders are working now. Smash & Gtx do the “it’s working now dance…â€

Smash maintains his web site, stocks the parts, makes the kits, ships 3 or 4 times a month (world wide), and always has an ear open on the chat channel to help with those butt kicking problems like mine.

Smash, I’m sure that I speak for the entire MidiBox community when I say THANK YOU for all that you do. Your tireless work is much appreciated. We are lucky to have you among us!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...