My MB46 build

jentulman

Hello all,

I started a Midibox 64 build back in 2008, at least that's when I bought the bits, and since then I've been dropping in and out of it every now and again. I actually finished the hardware build 18 months ago, and had it running the base MB64 application. Today I've got to the point where I can consider using it more earnestly, so I've been on the forums grabbing some info and have built my first slightly customised version of the MB64 app. All I've done so far is remap the menu pins.

I've got some questions to ask about the app elsewhere in the forum, but I thought it was probably time to introduce the build before I do.....

It's meant to sit comfortably useful as DAW controller (ableton live) and have enough knobs and buttons left over to handle the major twiddles of VST's and synths on DAW tracks

post-5426-0-18164400-1351285536_thumb.jp

It's not pretty inside

post-5426-0-23527100-1351285549_thumb.jp

And it's got a red one of these

post-5426-0-23052900-1351285570_thumb.jp

I completely failed to keep a proper build log, actually I didn't even keep an improper one, but there are a few more photos here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jentulman/sets/72157624189717326/

Next up.....

Reorder the pins in the application. The ordering of the pots and buttons is a bit hap hazard, #17 is the top leftmost white button, #1 is about halfway along the row, the top left pot is #33 etc. Making a new map is a mind twister.

Replace the core as I burnt out one of the analog input lines with a silly short circuit, so 8 pots are currently dead. Seems like a good excuse to build a MIOS32 core.

Possibly add all the LEDS (got the gear for the full complement) but I might leave that until after.......

Rebuilding the entire thing, replace most of the wiring with PCBs for each 'channel strip' and components that didn't cost 50p each.

[edited for speeeeelink and grandma]

Edited by jentulman