Probems using Midio128 V3 File Player

kpete

Hi All,

This is my first post to the group. I have used the Midio128 V2 for some time and it works great. With the advent of the new V3 that also supports the Midi Player I thought that I would venture into building up a CORE_LPC17 and see now it works. I have the hardware built up with the display, SD card and the 6 button “Control Surface†which all seems to be working. But I can't seem to get the unit to play my Midi files. When I try to play a song I get a “file MM001.MID is invalid†error displayed on the Mios Studio panel. This error gets repeated for all of the .MID files that are on the SD card with the exception of the file name which is changed for each file. These files play back on my MDF2 filler without problems. I was wondering if this error is because of the Midi files being a type 0 file. I am using the Midio128 V3.007 app.

Pete Knobloch

Wanted to add that I put a few Midi type 1 files onto another SD card and it played the files fine.

I was surprised that when I went to select the file name it started playing the file automatically. I was thinking about using this Midi player to selectively load SYSEX files to a drum machine but the auto start and continual repeat functions will be a problem. When I get closer to installing the software development tools, this might be the first changes that I might try to implement for my project. Also noticed that the play ALL/SINGLE option value isn't being saved in the DEFAULT file for the next POR.

Pete

Edited by kpete

Alright, I analysed the file and think that it's (more or less) invalid, because after the header and the first track there is an unknown identifier.

E.g. Quicktime @MacOS also refuses to play this file... but it can be opened with Logic Studio.

However, since the first track is available (and format 0 files only contain one track...), this error is ignored now and your .mid file will be played! :)

I also fixed the other two issues in version v3.008: http://www.ucapps.de/midio128_changelog.html

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you Thorsten,

I loaded the new V3.008 and it played all of my files with no problems, even the files that were created on my “SD Midi Controller†which also had problems.

The other 2 changes are greatly appreciated and works just as I would expect them. There is just one other thing of the file repeating when set to SINGLE play. What I was hopping is that when the SINGLE mode was selected, that after the song was ended, that the player would automatically go into the STOP mode and NOT change to the next file name. This way if you wanted to repeat the same song, you would just press the PLAY function again. To play another single song you would use the < and > to select the new song and then press PLAY.

For the hardware on the Organ I would provide the 20x2 display, an SD card slot, and 3 user accessible buttons <, > and PLAY. The Midio128 application would power up on the first user interface panel and the organist would just select the file they wanted to load to the drum machine and press the PLAY button. I would think that this function would also be useful for anyone who wants to Midify their small band or crank organ.

This function is not something that is needed immediately but maybe you could include this in the next release when something else is found to be a problem.

Thanks again,

Pete Knobloch

Yes, I guess that sooner or later another guy will request a loop mode for a single .mid file - let's wait (1..2 years ;-))

Note that we're at v3.010 meanwhile, it fixes a bug in the configuration interface (MIDI router wasn't accessible)

Best Regards, Thorsten.