Control surface PCB for 16 encoders/LEDrings Bulk Order

Fairlightiii

...I spoke about the metal hole not the acrylic hole for the shaft.

Ah now I understand what you mean. :thumbsup:

It doesn't really matter what shape the acrylic is as long as it matches the metal and show all the LEDs. You could even make a U shaped insert if you want. I thought round inserts are probably easier to make (and maybe cheaper).

For my future panel I'm thinking black anodized alu, with big holes around the encoders and matching "smoke" acrylic inserts to view the LEDs through (a bit similar to an LCD window but now with a hole in the center to poke the encoder shaft through).

How about home-cast clear knobs that are big enough to show the LED ring under them?Might look cool, though a bit big..?

If the price drops similarly to how it did for the last pcb I will definitely order one more pcb and make mine 4. (right now that WOULD make it 90, so only ten more would be needed.) Heck, if we get to 99, I'll add one anyway.

...when we will reach 100 units the PCB will drop to 9€.

Regards.

Happy birthday, Jérôme!

Overwhelming feedback on the PCB, i was hoping for it, but 100 PCBs is just fantastic!

Just to be on the safe side, to get 100 PCBs with the lower cost, I´d recommend to either wait a bit longer, until 120 units are reached (20% safety margin), or add a "if something goes wrong, i will buy more" column to the wiki. Example: if it is a close call and some people back out and we would fall below 100 PCBs, I would take 6 boards instead of 4.Perhaps there are others willing to back the 100 PCB mark with additional orders, if something goes wrong. It just makes no sense to buy 98 boards @ 11 € each, if you can buy 100 @ 9€ each :).

Many greets,

Peter

It just makes no sense to buy 98 boards @ 11 € each, if you can buy 100 @ 9€ each :).

100% agree with you, and it won't happen.

If participants pull out at the last moment or for example don't respond to payment requests, I'll be happy to adopt one of their boards. Only in that case though. :thumbsup:

I'm ready to buy 10 (maybe 20) extra boards - at least to reach the 100 units - and I'm confident some members still will join us and won't let pass this bargain!

Regards.

I would take also more than my ordered four if there are some left. Perhaps we have to split the orders because the proforma invoice amount should not be higher than 50€ including the transportation cost. Otherwise I have to pay tax at the swiss border.

Edited by Beat