Control surface PCB for 16 encoders/LEDrings Bulk Order

Fairlightiii

I am going to guess James is just confused about context or what thread he has posted in.....

When you strip the session ID out of the link and use a proper login, it leads to a for sale thread by blackcelcius on the muffwiggler forum that includes:

*TWO 19 INCH FRONTPANELS FOR MIDIBOX SEQ V4 + two frontapanle PCB set (WILBA) with all parts and knobs(rean)
just need the core module and aout + dout to build the seuencers.

Traded with JFloftin

I don't see any mention of LED ring boards in the thread, but it is possible they were there but were already sold or traded.

Even though it is James' first post he has been a registered user here since 09, which would make it the oldest "sleeper" spam account I have seen here....... plus the muffwiggler forum would have to be compromised and serving malware to make this link an exploit, etc.

While I have no idea what the post is trying to communicate, I can tell you there is not much there to be afraid of.

Best regards

Tim

Even though it is James' first post he has been a registered user here since 09, which would make it the oldest "sleeper" spam account I have seen here.......

Tim,

I'm afraid I'm holding this very questionable record - joined in 2003 and first post in 2011, I've been a silent lurker otherwise, at least as per the forum history...  :rolleyes:

Edited by freddy
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Dear members,
First, I excuse myself to all that I didn't answer individually more early but my life didn't let me lot of time to do so before.

I come back to you to indicate I've finished the design of the new layout of the MB-LRE8x2CS (Rev4.6).

Thorsten advised me to implement 15 (odd number) leds in the ledring  + 1 led below. It will be more usefull for PAN feedback e.g. (cf. Nord Lead).

MB-LRE8x2CS_Rev4.6.png

He made also some thorough test showing the efficiency of the ULNs. Using them will be greatly recommended.

I have also designed 2 boards that can be stacked one on the other (a "sandwich" concept very famous here):

>MB-LR4x2CS_Rev2.1: (DOUTx3 + 8 SMD ledrings). 128X 1206 SMD leds already populated. There is 8 holes to let pass the encoders toward.

MB-LR4x2CS_Rev2.1.png

>MB-E4x2CS_Rev1.1: The encoders board (DINx4 + 8 encoders).

MB-E4x2CS_Rev1.1.png

The space of the board let me place the footprint for switches (for standalone uses, you can populate it by 16 tact switches instead 8 encoders).

I will come back to you after spending some holidays and solving some logistic problems (...SMD) before starting a new bulk order (at least for the 8x2 board).

I'm thinking also maybe providing an encoder BO.

Best regards,

Jerome.

Edited by Fairlightiii
  • Like 3

The ULN output low is around 0.7V or so which does reduce the brightness (compared to driving them directly from the shift register), however you can use a lower resistance like 100 or 47 ohms to drive the LEDs much harder. There is a limit to how bright the LEDs can go though, due to the LED devices saturating.

Hi.
I took a look to several 5x2x7 rectangular LED datasheet and I found that their size are not all exactly 2mm by 5mm.
They are often slightly more than this values so I would like to known what is the best different sizes of LED opening for the *.svg file that I can provide.

I can provide 2, 3 or 4 different files which should comply to most of the LEDs on the market.
Thank you to give me your wishes.

Other question: What is the best suitable space that I must let between the LED and the opening to be sure they fit the opening? In other words, what margin should I take (assuming I should take a margin ?) ?

Best regards,
Jerome.

Edited by Fairlightiii

Wow, amazing work!

How definitive is the layout of the MB-E4x2CS board? Some feedback LED option in case somebody wants to use it as a tact switch board would be awesome (single color or dual color). However, this is just an idea for a minor improvement of the already awesome board.

I'm in for a couple of these anyways.

How definitive is the layout of the MB-E4x2CS board?

The layout of the MB-E4x2CS board is definitive.

Some feedback LED option in case somebody wants to use it as a tact switch board would be awesome

Yes but the concept was to split the DIN chain on one board and the DOUT chain in one other.

The idea would be to create a new SMD board instead MB-LR4x2CS with the DOUT chain and LEDs.

Best regards,

Jerome.

The idea would be to create a new SMD board instead MB-LR4x2CS with the DOUT chain and LEDs.

In the case of 1 LED by switch, I think it would be easily doable.

But I think there is at least as much as different wanted implementations (3 LEDs/switch, duoLED, ...) than the number of members here.

Edited by Fairlightiii

Some feedback LED option in case somebody wants to use it as a tact switch board would be awesome (single color or dual color).

In the case of 1 LED by switch, I think it would be easily doable.

MB-E4x2CS-> Rev1.2: New layout including DOUTx2 chain and 1 LED/switch (total=16 LEDs).

MB-E4x2CS_Rev1.2.png

Users must turn the board at 180° to have the LED on the top of the switch (I was able to put the LED only below the switch)....or 90° clockwise to have the LED at the left of the switch.

I will update the Wiki ASAP.

Best regards,

Jerome.

• Like 1

Hi Jerome

Wow, that was super fast! Thanks a lot. I didn't expect you to instantly redesign the board. However, it seems to be an easy solution for most applications (toggle switch, state, application feedback, etc.) even as you had to break your premise to keep it as a DIN only board. 

Regards,

Andy

• 1 year later...