midi wireless system

emastyle

Hey!

This topic has been brought u[p before, but unfortunately nothing has become of it :'( I also wish it was possible! I saw an article on the net once, where some Uni students built such a unit, but they did not say how to build your own :'(

Kenton are working on a commercial unit, but it is going to be very expensive (400 euros or more) and midiman have worked on prototypes, there are others, but too expensive to mention!!

Please let me know if you find out more than I did!

bye, from Steve

I know it's a not very easy "argoument" the "send midi data on air", but I found some informations that could return good.

For example, using a ibdrid RTX and a Manchester decoder you can to build a digital data modem, I found an ibrid SMD RTX, a Manchester decoder scheme, but, after to initiate to build the device, I'd like to know if somone can tell other information. I can send all things I have got  (schemes and links) about my proget by mail.

bye

I know it's a not very easy "argoument" the "send midi data on air", but I found some informations that could return good.

For example, using a ibdrid RTX and a Manchester decoder you can to build a digital data modem, I found an ibrid SMD RTX, a Manchester decoder scheme, but, after to initiate to build the device, I'd like to know if somone can tell other information. I can send all things I have got  (schemes and links) about my proget by mail.

Hey, is this a standalone device? or does it need a connected PC?

i found this devices: http://www.linxtechnologies.com/ldocs/modules/m_hpii.shtml

What do you think about this?

Could I use a tx an a rx without error correction system or encoder/decoder (pratically to connect midi out of a keyboard, trough optocouper and some resistor to a tx and a rx to a Midi input of an expander) to build what I want?

bye

I'm only guessing, but if you only need to send note data, or CC data, that won't cause a crash if the data dosen't get received, it might work... I wonder if these people give out samples...

BTW, digital cabling needs to be able to carry signals to at least the third harmonic, (to avoid distortion) so I'm told, so for midi (36 khz I think??) that would be around 100Mhz... I would look into this further, but I'm low on time this week! ;) (lots of college work, and my PC ain't working properly!)

I hope we find a solution!

• 6 months later...